Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m happy for him but I didn’t say he was, his supporter did

He didnt say he was mentally weak though.

He was mentally fukked up. Which is different. But you know this:usure:

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
I think Jones stayed at LHW too long. People might be surprised but I think his punching power and strength will increase moving to heavyweight. Remember how DC had no power at LHW but when he went to HW and stopped draining himself his power was much better and he was knocking guys out even in sparring? Jones is 6'5 and was cutting down to LHW for over a decade. He's been cutting down to that weight since he was 21 years old. The man is in his mid thirties now. The move up to heavyweight might actually rejuvenate him and have him looking better than most people expect.

baltimore

Pro
Daps
I just wanna post in here to get on record jones ain't fukkin beating ngannou. I feel like with his new team ngannou is closing the ring iq disparity much more than jones is closing the size and power disparity. Ngannou is cutting to 265 and moves good jones can't catch up to that.

Jones striking is sometimes just accumulated touches so style wise ngannou will have his chances. Jones hasnt shown that scary ground and pound in years and several middleweights have went the whole 5 with him.

Can't take much from the derrick lewis fight because jon doesn't have that one shot 5 round power he has. Lewis v ngannou was a boring non engagement fight.. jones was carried out of the ring from mw to lhw santos. Ngannou was held down and beat on by stipe and didn't look anything but tired after.

We could have got a better feel for this fight if jones ain't duck the rumble johnson fight or fight off cocaine or picograms the two times he fought dc. I like jon's vs most other heavyweights tho would love to see him test himself vs stipes boxing and maybe the best curtis blades and his wrestling but we will see

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Sounds like that knockout has Miocic wanting to be a family man now...

But I will say, I just watched the replay of that fight, I gotta give miocic credit. He took some MAJOR bombs from Francis, even from the first exchange. They would’ve dropped a lot of HW’s..

The only pathway to a jones victory is to stay on the outside with a faint and go all out for a takedown and try to use his wresting because that’s the hole in Francis game.

Miocic tried that and failed, if Francis continues his TDD, along with the speed, power and leg kicks. I could see him going on a Amanda Nunes type run where he wipes out the division clean..

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Jones stayed at LHW too long. People might be surprised but I think his punching power and strength will increase moving to heavyweight. Remember how DC had no power at LHW but when he went to HW and stopped draining himself his power was much better and he was knocking guys out even in sparring? Jones is 6'5 and was cutting down to LHW for over a decade. He's been cutting down to that weight since he was 21 years old. The man is in his mid thirties now. The move up to heavyweight might actually rejuvenate him and have him looking better than most people expect.

DC had power though. Rumble was like :whoa: after DC cracked him with a right hand in their second fight. It’s not that Jones is pillow fisted, it’s that his technique sucks; for some reason Jones, despite his athleticism, has poor hands. With his reach he’d be damn near unbeatable if he had power and technique with his punches but that’s not the case.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
DC had power though. Rumble was like :whoa: after DC cracked him with a right hand in their second fight. It’s not that Jones is pillow fisted, it’s that his technique sucks; for some reason Jones, despite his athleticism, has poor hands. With his reach he’d be damn near unbeatable if he had power and technique with his punches but that’s not the case.
Breh Jones with power would be scary as hell. Man got a solid kick game, takedown solid, had great ground and pound, clinch game is nasty
GlitteringAdoredCicada-size_restricted.gif

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like that knockout has Miocic wanting to be a family man now...

But I will say, I just watched the replay of that fight, I gotta give miocic credit. He took some MAJOR bombs from Francis, even from the first exchange. They would’ve dropped a lot of HW’s..

The only pathway to a jones victory is to stay on the outside with a faint and go all out for a takedown and try to use his wresting because that’s the hole in Francis game.

Miocic tried that and failed, if Francis continues his TDD, along with the speed, power and leg kicks. I could see him going on a Amanda Nunes type run where he wipes out the division clean..
He was always a family man