[3/6/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: Oi Bruv it’s Revolution fallout; New season, new Dynamite, dumbass; Is that [spoiler]?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don’t think this is much of an issue. He’s still Bryan fukking Danielson. He could lose 20 matches in a row and him v Ospreay would still be huge
With Danielson it's always the same discussion in this regard. He's too teflon with the fans so a promotion can use him as a tool to put over anyone that they see fit every time they want. And he's too unselfish to give a fukk: as long as you book him against people he wants to wrestle with, he'd gladly lose every match.

But the counter argument is that, if he's as teflon as he is when he losses so often, how special would it be if his promotion actually cared about protecting him? When Ospreay wins it will most likely be an awesome match, but it wont be a big passing of the torch or a W that will cement him as a bigger deal in AEW. If Danielson was undefeated in singles since Forbidden Door and had that Continental Crown belt, Ospreay stepping in and beating him would feel much bigger and it would probably mean they could draw a lot of tickets for the match.

I know that at the end of the day it's not that big of a deal because Dragon is still very over and will have amazing matches every time that's needed or asked of him. But his booking will always be a big "what if" and a wasted opportunity to create bigger moments.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
too...many...false...finishes. my biggest gripe about aew is they never end a match when they should. it always comes after 20 false finishes and always ends flat instead of OMG HE GOT HIM

My wife who isn’t even a wrestling fan said this during the last swerve and hangman match from dynamite