$30 million project aims to tell story of Black Wall St.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
TULSA, Okla. — Construction on the new “Greenwood Rising: The Legacy of Black Wall Street" is close to getting underway.

The $30 million project will create a Greenwood Historical Center and renovate the current Greenwood Cultural Center.

All commemorating the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, the goal is to let the world know what happened here.

“Taking this tragedy and being able to bring people together that didn’t know anything about this," said Phil Armstrong, project director of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Commission. "To say, 'Wow, what a history, what a tragedy.'”

Part of the area will be the “Pathway to Hope.” It will lead from the Vernon AME Church to John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park. The project is also a chance to show how Greenwood successfully rose from the ashes.

“After 1921 what happened and to tell the story of how it actually rebuilt itself and was even greater in terms of its economic viability after the massacre," Armstrong said. "Which speaks to the resilience of the people at that time.”

This project is all about bringing people together, organizers created a GoFundMe page to give the public a chance to donate and be a part of the project.

“Here’s another way to get grassroots attention to those that say, 'Hey, I may not have one million dollars to give, but I’ve got $5, I’ve got $50, I’ve got $100.”

Construction on the project is expected to begin in January. The goal is to have it all finished by May 31st, 2021, the centennial of the Tulsa Race Massacre.

You can donate to the GoFundMe here .

$30 million project aims to tell story of Black Wall St.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
The survivors and the immediate family members were denied reparations. They're currently searching for mass graves now.
And the answer to these very real concerns is a damn community center. fukk a community center. :what:

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea the current center is not really a center.
More like a hallway with newspaper clippings

There is also a monument across the street

I go to Tulsa once a year to see my grandma

This is much needed