4 Actors Are In The Running For Black Panther?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MARVEL SUPERHERO Black Panther is set to come to the big screen and top black British stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba have been tipped to play the character with extraordinary powers.

Reports suggest the two actors, along with American stars Chadwick Boseman and Michael B Jordan, are in line for the leading role in Black Panther.

Chiwetel may be the favourite for the part considering how high his stock has risen following the release of Steve McQueen’s 12 Years A Slave in which he plays a free man kidnapped into slavery.

The role has landed him an Oscar nomination for best actor.

Other reports indicate Boseman could be the best-suited for the part due to his status as a young, up and coming actor.

Meanwhile, Elba is already a fixture in the Marvel universe having starred in the Thor films as Heimdall.

Black Panther has not yet been given an official release date, but it is widely rumoured the story of T’Challa, who is the alter ego of Black Panther, will come out to superhero movie fans.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/ejiofor-and-elba-linked-superhero-film-black-panther

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
elba elba elba!

honestly i think jordan gets it considering his age

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Give it to Boseman. Jordan doesn't have a shot I think because he'll be playing Johnny but I guess it depends on when they want to shoot it. Idris has the inside track since he's already in the marvel family tho:patrice:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Why are they over looking Aldis Hodge?

420_1aldis_hodge__shot_by_photographer_lanisha_cole__for_black_tie_week__color__image_copy.jpg

They should give it to an unkown if it ain't Chiwetel or Idris. This nikka only 27. The bytches that know of him think he cute too so they definitely gon show up to watch.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:heh: i'll always remember this guy as the dude who shived sam on supernatural
yeah...dudes been putting in work on some network shows. He needs to work on his African(Wakanda) accent though. His Nigerian accent on Castle was :dead:. But that was 5 years ago so maybe he's improved.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
:heh: Where the hell has "good journalism" disappeared to, how can Elba be in the running for "Black Panther" if he's already Heimdall in the Thor franchise. Funny how it's only the current "go to" Black actors who are allegedly in the running :mjpls: . Marvel are very left field, so it probably wont be any of them when they eventually cast an actor to play the character whenever that may be.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I just hope they cast this properly and have an actor that can pull off an African accent properly...which is why I reckon Michael B. Jordan won't get the part. I do think he could pull off being an African Prince.

Why are they over looking Aldis Hodge?

420_1aldis_hodge__shot_by_photographer_lanisha_cole__for_black_tie_week__color__image_copy.jpg

They should give it to an unkown if it ain't Chiwetel or Idris. This nikka only 27. The bytches that know of him think he cute too so they definitely gon show up to watch.

He was my favourite character in Leverage. Really good actor and can do accents decently so he should be able pull off an African accent without making me cringe.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm calling :duck: On that entire story. There are no official plans for a Black Panther movie and considering the way Marvel likes to announce stuff years beforehand we would have heard about it already.
The only thing from Marvel's Phase 3 that has been announced is the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I'm calling :duck: On that entire story. There are no official plans for a Black Panther movie and considering the way Marvel likes to announce stuff years beforehand we would have heard about it already.
The only thing from Marvel's Phase 3 that has been announced is the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Instantly knew it was :duck:as soon as I saw Elba's name.