40+ Successful professional black women are getting in vitro to be "single mothers by choice"

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else noticing this trend lately? is this the endgame? Over the past few months I have met so many black women who either already got the In vitro fertilization or are in the process of getting it to willingly become single mothers. They all fit the same archetype. Successful black women, career oriented, wanting a top teir man, single and over 40 years old. It's insane to me that these women would rather become single mothers from a sperm bank than date and marry an average breh but this is where we are.

I met a 42 year old chick off a dating app a few weeks ago with a 1 year old and when I asked about the father she told be she voluntarily got in vitro cause she wanted to be mother. I just couldn't take her seriously anymore. Even after they become single mothers they still think they can get a top tier breh. Are these women that delusional? Why would you willingly lower your value on the dating market?

Here is an article on it I found
Changing the Narrative Around Black Single Motherhood - Seattle Sperm Bank

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
it's a lose lose situation for them. they want high value black men to match them

but high value black men know their worth and would rather be single or PAWG

if they choose to marry cacs, they get side-eyed and called wenches

what else can they do? i support their choice

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I told people more of this would be happening for countless reasons why for years on this site. Hate to be right but it is what it is.

Women still have reproductive desires but are unwilling to put up with some insufferable male traits and characteristics. So this is what you get. Many are adopting as well and forgoing motherhood altogether.

If you can’t find a reasonable partner that you are attracted to who is relationship minded and on the same page, this is the next step.
Not to mention, there’s a legit numbers issue when it comes to blk males and females in major cities. Incarceration rates and early homicides along with systemic white supremacy are to blame there. Apparently according to National census bureau theres 88 black men for every 100 black women.
Something is demographically amiss in parts of eastern DeKalb County, just outside of Atlanta. In several predominantly African-American neighborhoods, there are only about three black men for every five black women under age 65. That sort of gender imbalance reflects a number of factors, primarily mass incarceration and high mortality, and it’s present in hundreds of communities across the country. Nationally, the Census Bureau counts 88 black male adults for every 100 black women, while the ratio for whites is a more equal 97 men for every 100 women
We keep ignoring the impact of incarceration and early death in black men on the community to skip straight to the “black women only want thugs” or “black women don’t know how to choose”.
But even if every blk woman was perfect, nearly 20% would STILL be without based on just numbers.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In a 1963 speech made at the University of California, Malcolm X addressed the troubling state of families in the black community. Sadly, it takes on even more relevance today. "Our young girls, our daughters, our baby sisters become unwed mothers before they are hardly out of their teens. Our community has thousands of unmarried mothers [who] have no hope of ever getting a husband. And our community has tens of thousands of little babies who have no father to act as their provider or protector," he said.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

Doesn't bother me what women I am not dealing with choose to do with their lives. If a woman want to get in vitro and become a single mother, then that is her business. If a woman do the aforementioned and want to believe that she deserves a certain caliber of man, then that is her business.

Bottom line is that someone being a mother, single, selective on who she deals with, etc. is a personal choice and has nothing to do with anyone else.

Where I draw the line in the sand is when a woman, who chose to become single, a mother and selectively points fingers at others and/or blame others for her choices.

Last edited: