• Ride it Out

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Liquidate Entirely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
This is not for me it's for my Woman as I don't believe in 401ks that much.

I want to know what is the quickest and most rationale shift to make in the event the market goes south. What is the best option to limit losses?

Is it possible to withdraw from the market entirely for a specified period of time?

Thanks in advance brehs

@Domingo Halliburton

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I want to know what is the quickest and most rationale shift to make in the event the market goes south. What is the best option to limit losses?

Is it possible to withdraw from the market entirely for a specified period of time?

Thanks in advance brehs

@Domingo Halliburton

Just shift everything to Gov't bonds. :yeshrug:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

Thanks in advance brehs

@Domingo Halliburton

Yeah its possible to withdraw. I dont what tax implications youll have though. If youre not retiring for decades I wouldnt do it.

Municipal bonds are tax free. However interest rates are low and you probably wont get much return but yes, it would be less volatile and safer than the stock market.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
The thing about those who would say ride it out:

It's not like a home where Real Estate values go back up and you retain 100% of the original investment, what's happens to a stock if it goes from 300 to 30 and back up to 300 again? It's not so much that you came out with no gain or loss, there are other things you gotta consider like diluted share value and inflation, also interest rates and the health of the companies in your portfolio.

Most gains will be made from new company growth. The problem is if you ride out as is in a big company unless they have high M&A you're looking at only marginal growth compared to the even safer option which is Municipals.

So by Ride it Out do you mean stay invested in big but stable public companies?