45РОССИЯ—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

France to Probe Possible Russian Influence on Yellow Vest Riots
Carol Matlack
1400x-1.jpg

A car burns during a demonstration of yellow vests (gilets jaunes) in Paris, on Dec. 8.

Photographer: Zakaria Abdelkafi/AFP via Getty Images

France opened a probe into possible Russian interference behind the country’s Yellow Vest protests, after reports that social-media accounts linked to Moscow have increasingly targeted the movement.

According to the Alliance for Securing Democracy, about 600 Twitter accounts known to promote Kremlin views have begun focusing on France, boosting their use of the hashtag #giletsjaunes, the French name for the Yellow Vest movement. French security services are looking at the situation, Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said Sunday in a radio interview with RTL.

Russia has been criticized for using social media to influence elections in the U.S. and elsewhere. Attempts to use fake news reports and cyberattacks to undercut the 2017 campaign of French President Emmanuel Macron failed, but Russian-linked sites have pushed questionable reports of a mutiny among police, and of officers’ support for the protests.

“An investigation is now underway,” Le Drian said. “I will not make comments before the investigation has brought conclusions.”

The Twitter accounts monitored by the alliance usually feature U.S. or British news. But the French protests “have been at or near the top” of their activity for at least a week, according to Bret Schafer, the alliance’s Washington-based social media analyst. “That’s a pretty strong indication that there is interest in amplifying the conflict” for audiences outside France.

The Alliance for Securing Democracy is a unit of the German Marshall Fund of the U.S., which monitors pro-Kremlin activity.

The assertion of police dissatisfaction -- which doesn’t appear to be supported by facts -- resembles other Kremlin-backed disinformation campaigns that have tried to engender mistrust in Western governments and show that liberal democracies are in decline, Schafer says.

Russian State Media
Much of the tweeted material comes from Russian state media outlets including the Sputnik news website, the RT television network, and Ruptly, a German-based video news agency that belongs to RT. These outlets are covering the French crisis closely; RT has said that 12 of its journalists have been injured in the protests, far more than any other news organization.

Sputnik and RT have reported in recent days that most French police no longer support Macron and are siding with the protesters.
Their sources: representatives of two small police unions that together won less than 4 percent of votes in nationwide union elections this month. Sputnik and RT also have shown a video – widely shared on French social media -- of police in the southwestern town of Pau removing their helmets in what was described as a sign of solidarity with protesters. Local police and journalists on the scene said the description was untrue. They said some officers had briefly removed their helmets to talk with protesters before putting them back on.

In response to questions from Bloomberg News, Sputnik later corrected its article about police in Pau showing solidarity with protesters, to say the report "hasn’t been backed by evidence so far." RT said its article about police siding with protesters, based on comments by the head of a minor police union, was justified because he had been quoted by other news outlets.

Macron complained repeatedly during his 2017 campaign that Kremlin-controlled media outlets were spreading fake news about him, because he took a tougher stance on Russia than his chief rivals
, Marine Le Pen of the far-right National Front and François Fillon of the conservative Republicans. But negative stories, such as a Sputnik report claiming Macron lived a “double life” and was backed by a “wealthy gay lobby,” never gained traction.

In one instance, a bogus website resembling the site of a Belgian newspaper reportedthat Macron’s campaign was being bankrolled by Saudi Arabia. The source of the hoax was never determined, but the European Union’s East Stratcom Task Force, which tracks Russian disinformation efforts, said it bore striking similarities to an earlier incident traced to a Russian “troll factory.”

Separately, the Macron campaign was hit with repeated email phishing attacks resembling those used by Russia against Democratic Party organizations in the U.S. The Kremlin said it had no involvement in any fake news or cyberattacks on Macron, describing such accusations as “slander.”

— With assistance by Nate Lanxon, and Helene Fouquet

LEARN MORE

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
So more of the report was given to the judge? When will we find out what was in it?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
It's really crazy on a meta level how much this thread predicted of the future. :jbhmm:

We even joked about how Trump would just dip out the country when the shyt hit the fan and now his son might try to pull that.

stop right there.
i was not joking when i predicted that trump would leave the country and make russia his new home.

i also predict that he will hold a 24/7 rally outside of the white house.
this will provide a physical buffer between him and law enforcement.
it will also be used as propaganda in the media.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
stop right there.
i was not joking when i predicted that trump would leave the country and make russia his new home.

i also predict that he will hold a 24/7 rally outside of the white house.
this will provide a physical buffer between him and law enforcement.
it will also be used as propaganda in the media.

Let's get our predictions in now. I always believed he wouldn't finish his term. I don't know about jail time.

But I predict he will do a I'm not a crook Nixon type speech then fly off into the sunset when he resigns. Then blood will be spilled from the chaos in the streets

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's really crazy on a meta level how much this thread predicted of the future. :jbhmm:

We even joked about how Trump would just dip out the country when the shyt hit the fan and now his son might try to pull that.

This is 100% true I ran into my friend who was a Trump supporter because he wasn't a fan of Muslims and the old boy's network in control of everything. I remember watching the inauguration with him in a bar and we kept going back on forth on who Trump was and if he could be a good president. I said no and then mentioned the Russia collusion being real and Trump just destined to be bad at being President because he was such an amateur in politics. Anyhow I saw him today and he didn't want to talk politics, denounced Russia as someplace nobody would ever want to visit, then he even spent time praising a Libyan Muslim kid who worked for him as being smart and a hard worker and somebody he wanted to help advance at his company.

I really think Trump might have lost everyone outside the base between the midterms, his absurd racism, and these charges/indictments. If anything he's made people become more liberal in their thinking because he keeps failing by trying to live up to the Republican ideals and in turn shows how foolish those ideal are.
This guy sums up racism in America in 2018

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Prosecutors have examined the statute of limitations on the campaign finance violations and believe charges could be brought against Trump if he is not re-elected. @npfandos @maggieNYT @nytmike
During the last episode of my #OnTopic podcast, former Acting Solicitor General @neal_katyal said that if Trump couldn’t be indicted while in office, the statute of limitations would be “tolled” (extended) even if he was re-elected.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@JasonLeopold: NEW via my #FOIA on Mikhail Lesin, Putin's former media czar/RT founder who authorities say got drunk & fell down in his DC hotel room and died.

Apparently, NYT heard Lesin reached out to Bruce Ohr at DOJ before he died. (Ohr's wife, a Russia expert, did work for Fusion GPS) 1/
@JasonLeopold: Ohr denied he spoke with Lesin. But its still interesting. Ohr had contact with dossier author Christopher Steele, who wrote a report for FBI that said Lesin was murdered. 2/2

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/christopher-steele-mikhail-lesin-murder-putin-fbi

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Trump isn’t resigning if his kids are going to jail. Kushner yeah he’ll sacrifice. The presidency and Republicans are the only thing protecting him so he kind of has to run for re-election.
Aside for those trying to obstruct the investigations (Nunes, Gowdy etc) I'm not sure how many Rethuglicans are actually onboard with protecting him...

From listening to a handful of senators, I get the feeling most are tired of Dotard and secretly hoping Mueller's instigation is fruitful so they get Pence in the oval...They can't publicly do anything till then because they cannot afford to lose Dotards legion of retard voters...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Last edited:
Daps
i ran into a random guy at my job a few days ago.
he told me that one of his friends voted for trump because he felt that it was like throwing a grenade into the system and just see what happens.

i asked him if his friend was white and he said yes.
i told him that having the luxury of lobbing a trump grenade is something that i don't share because i recognised trump's rhetoric as a threat to the existence of people who don't look like trump.

he hit me with :ld: followed by a long :dwillhuh:

he's off to wherever and i hope he took my thoughts with him.
I engaged a few Trump voters the other day at the mechanics. One of them told me straight up, "I dont care who Trump grabs by the p*ssy as long as the economy is good."

Interestingly enough they all felt like both sides were too divisive and needed to meet in the middle. I'd donate money to a case study done on the lack of empathy and morality in Trump supporters