45РОССИЯ—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
California is a blue state. How can it be gerrymandered?

Central Valley is a lot of farm land. It's not as liberal as LA SF or even SD. You have a lot of patches of rural areas who mostly lean right. California is big. Fresno is about 50% Mexican but they all are concentrated south of a street called Shaw. One of the running jokes is the rich white people never go south of shaw. So Nunes area captures that area and then our neighbors Clovis which is adjacent to Fresno but is only like 25% Mexican if I recall correctly. Dead7 I think was or is from Clovis. The bar he talked about "owning" was in Clovis. That area is drawn into his district and south down to Visalia which is more white people. Fresnos rep is Jim Costa who is a Democrat.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Central Valley is a lot of farm land. It's not as liberal as LA SF or even SD. You have a lot of patches of rural areas who mostly lean right. California is big. Fresno is about 50% Mexican but they all are concentrated south of a street called Shaw. One of the running jokes is the rich white people never go south of shaw. So Nunes area captures that area and then our neighbors Clovis which is adjacent to Fresno but is only like 25% Mexican if I recall correctly. Dead7 I think was or is from that area. That area is drawn into his district and south down to Visalia which is more white people. Fresnos rep is Jim Costa who is a Democrat.

NYS is similar to CA in that way.
you have NYC, Rochester, Buffalo, Ithaca, Albany, Syracuse and a couple of other places that went blue in the 2016 election.
Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins

state elections are a microcosm for the national elections.
look at that NYS map...

the vast majority of it is red but very few people live there.
the people who live there and vote red have a proportionately larger voice due to gerrymandering.

America needs to find a better way to represent the will of the people in government.
too bad that corporations are recognized as people and their money is now accepted as free speech.

we have so many problems to overcome.