[5/15/24] AEW Dynamite: Swerve/Brian Cage, Okada/FTR Bald, BCC/United Empire, TnA Action and More

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Mone should win the TBS belt and then win the women’s belt off Toni at All In in a title vs title. Let her cook as double champ for 1-2 months (or later if viewers tune in) on some “me vs the world” shyt. have her lose the TBS in a triple threat while retaining the main belt. :manny:
See here’s the thing I hate about making someone a double champ with a midcard belt - same problem WWE will have when they put the US title on Cody in Saudi Arabia.

If you are good enough to beat the champ for the midcard belt, why would you challenge for that instead of the world title?

If you do beat them for that midcard belt, shouldn’t you automatically be the #1 contender for the world title since you just beat the world champ?

Also, if you’re not good enough to successfully defend a midcard belt as a double champ, that makes you look weaker as a world champ.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Ok @Cattle Mutilation here we go.

Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson vs. Jeff Cobb and Kyle Fletcher: Mox came out first and it was your typical mox shyt who cares…BD comes in and starts beating up on Kyle and Cobb…which is cool besides the fact they had his music playing like he was new jack. The only thing I took from this match was Kyle fletcher looks like Bill Skarsgård.

Edge came out and got his wedding ring took…okay i guess? Then black wants him to bend a knee? Want another man on his knees brehs

The Bucks vs. Matt Sydal and Christopher Daniels: I wanted to skip this match..match was okay…not gonna lie tho I am liking the bucks heel gimmick. Oh and jack perry is still awful.

This is my first time hearing hook talk..he needs a manager. Jericho is still awful and his new theme sucks. Big bill getting passed around cause they don’t know what to do with him. The segment hook was in later in the night was better until he waited for Joe to leave to say I’ll beat you too! Hook need a new gimmick and a new name.

Swerve Strickland vs. Brian Cage: This was a good match even tho Brian cage reminds me of those caws who would look like Brock and had Jeff hardy move set. Christian cage shyt getting old to me we get it…he’s edgy or whatever.

Toni Storm vs. Harley Cameron: Toni Storm is really good..She should be holding the title for a long time cause ain’t nobody really touching her on the mic.

TBS contract signing willow sounds like a little girl and Sasha Banks..has she always been an iffy promo? This wasn’t bad typical contract signing segment should be a good match

Kazuchika Okada vs. Dax Harwood: Main event not a bad match got a little sloppy at the end..Darby is back already??

Not a bad show @Cattle Mutilation but if I watched this on YouTube would I have really missed anything? That’s the point I’m making.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Not a bad show @Cattle Mutilation but if I watched this on YouTube would I have really missed anything? That’s the point I’m making.
You could say the same for WWE and NBA, everything of importance gets uploaded on YouTube within minutes to hours after happening. shyt that’s how I consume most NBA games if they aren’t nationally televised. :yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
See here’s the thing I hate about making someone a double champ with a midcard belt - same problem WWE will have when they put the US title on Cody in Saudi Arabia.

If you are good enough to beat the champ for the midcard belt, why would you challenge for that instead of the world title?

If you do beat them for that midcard belt, shouldn’t you automatically be the #1 contender for the world title since you just beat the world champ?

Also, if you’re not good enough to successfully defend a midcard belt as a double champ, that makes you look weaker as a world champ.
Bro, it’s fukkin play fighting. Who cares. More gold is the whole point of a double champ.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Ok @Cattle Mutilation here we go.

Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson vs. Jeff Cobb and Kyle Fletcher: Mox came out first and it was your typical mox shyt who cares…BD comes in and starts beating up on Kyle and Cobb…which is cool besides the fact they had his music playing like he was new jack. The only thing I took from this match was Kyle fletcher looks like Bill Skarsgård.

Edge came out and got his wedding ring took…okay i guess? Then black wants him to bend a knee? Want another man on his knees brehs

The Bucks vs. Matt Sydal and Christopher Daniels: I wanted to skip this match..match was okay…not gonna lie tho I am liking the bucks heel gimmick. Oh and jack perry is still awful.

This is my first time hearing hook talk..he needs a manager. Jericho is still awful and his new theme sucks. Big bill getting passed around cause they don’t know what to do with him. The segment hook was in later in the night was better until he waited for Joe to leave to say I’ll beat you too! Hook need a new gimmick and a new name.

Swerve Strickland vs. Brian Cage: This was a good match even tho Brian cage reminds me of those caws who would look like Brock and had Jeff hardy move set. Christian cage shyt getting old to me we get it…he’s edgy or whatever.

Toni Storm vs. Harley Cameron: Toni Storm is really good..She should be holding the title for a long time cause ain’t nobody really touching her on the mic.

TBS contract signing willow sounds like a little girl and Sasha Banks..has she always been an iffy promo? This wasn’t bad typical contract signing segment should be a good match

Kazuchika Okada vs. Dax Harwood: Main event not a bad match got a little sloppy at the end..Darby is back already??

I’d give you some positive reps for the well intended effort, but it’s still saying I need to rep 25 people. I keep repping people, don’t know why my counter keeps staying stuck at 25.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

the thing people gotta realize with jericho is that he's good at adapting to the situations. no matter what they throw at him. he plays his character well cuz he's changed himself so many times. we gonna chant "please retire" and he's gonna come back and troll the audience as much as possible. whether cheered or booed, he gets reactions. people gonna end up watching out of spite & drive his numbers up.

remember when you told the one guy recently why watch dynamite if you hate aew? that might be whats happening with jericho. people hate him so much that they watch to find something to critique and it drives up the ratings.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
the thing people gotta realize with jericho is that he's good at adapting to the situations. no matter what they throw at him. he plays his character well cuz he's changed himself so many times. we gonna chant "please retire" and he's gonna come back and troll the audience as much as possible. whether cheered or booed, he gets reactions. people gonna end up watching out of spite & drive his numbers up.

remember when you told the one guy recently why watch dynamite if you hate aew? that might be whats happening with jericho. people hate him so much that they watch to find something to critique and it drives up the ratings.
Well as much hate as AEW gets that logic doesn’t hold up lol

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

People make too much out of a 1 week rating.

For example, last week, Swerve got a nice bump in the 9PM slot, which is usually what happens at the top of the hour. But this week he lost overall viewers and a little bit of the demo. Which is unusual. But unless the same thing happens in the next 2-3 weeks, there's no trend nor anything. Same thing with Jericho gaining viewers this week and him losing viewers in others :manny: at most we can say that the ratings make no damn sense most week if we being honest :pachaha:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
People make too much out of a 1 week rating.

For example, last week, Swerve got a nice bump in the 9PM slot, which is usually what happens at the top of the hour. But this week he lost overall viewers and a little bit of the demo. Which is unusual. But unless the same thing happens in the next 2-3 weeks, there's no trend nor anything. Same thing with Jericho gaining viewers this week and him losing viewers in others :manny: at most we can say that the ratings make no damn sense most week if we being honest :pachaha:

agree with you on that. thinking maybe the variation is affected by the playoff games. like depending on where the intermissions end up or maybe on how the games are going. could be fans saying oh let me go see how the game is going during an aew commercial break and they end up staying until the rest of the quarter or the next break and miss a segment on dynamite. they be like i'll switch back in a few but time flies so 15 minutes go by and they dont realize they hadn't switched back. they def don't make sense most weeks.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I told everyone the reason why Mercedes first couple promos were "wooden" and disingenuous was because she wasn't actually a babyface and now it's pretty clear she's been slowly creeping towards her heel persona the entire time. There were also a lot of not-so-hidden clues that this was happening. She continued to steal Willow's shine every chance she got.