5/15 PBC on SHO: Luis Nery vs Brandon Figueroa (WBC Super Bantamweight Title)

Daps
How many boxers are household names in 2021? Garcia created his own push with his social media presence, the majority of these boxers are lacking in how they self-promote themselves.

you just said that Fox pushed him, when and where?

dude has barely over 15k followers on instagram for a world champ

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you just said that Fox pushed him, when and where?

dude has barely over 15k followers on instagram for a world champ
I'm talking bout in terms of fight cards and placements, the rest of that shyt is up to the boxers on their end to up their social media presence, which most of them don't do. dude has been steadily fighting on FS1 and Fox for years now, it ain't like he's been buried. Saying a Fig brother hasn't been pushed is a weird ass angle to take, Haymon loves them dudes.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
its a 122 fight though, and he still fought like that at 118

he can’t handle pressure, used to his power being the difference, never saw a short strong hook this fight
True..when you cant weight bully..you get bullied :demonic:

Daps
I'm talking bout in terms of fight cards and placements, the rest of that shyt is up to the boxers on their end to up their social media presence, which most of them don't do. dude has been steadily fighting on FS1 and Fox for years now, it ain't like he's been buried. Saying a Fig brother hasn't been pushed is a weird ass angle to take, Haymon loves them dudes.

we are talking of different pushes(nh)

young fighters are definitely gonna get pushed but he has never been promoted by fox or pbc as a star

you cant find anything on him on any social media of them before this

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we are talking of different pushes(nh)

young fighters are definitely gonna get pushed but he has never been promoted by fox or pbc as a star

you cant find anything on him on any social media of them before this

He had an entire 30 minute PBC on FOX Countdown episode devoted to one of his past fights, It aired on FS1, on TV.... There are clips of it floating around on twitter etc.

What more did you want from a then 22 year old unproven prospect? There are key/major fighters on other networks that haven’t received that level of shine. This is back when FOX and FS1 were doing those Countdown shows for every main event every month that aired on FOX and FS1, regardless of them being on PPV.....those were the good old days of PBC on FOX promo.

The pandemic messed it all up.

I’m just shocked that showtime didn’t pick up the slack with the promo though.

Daps
Figueroa did show another dimension of body punching from a taller guy
He had an entire 30 minute PBC on FOX Countdown episode devoted to one of his past fights, It aired on FS1, on TV.... There are clips of it floating around on twitter etc.

What more did you want from a then 22 year old unproven prospect? There are key/major fighters on other networks that haven’t received that level of shine. This is back when FOX and FS1 were doing those Countdown shows for every main event every month that aired on FOX and FS1, regardless of them being on PPV.....those were the good old days of PBC on FOX promo.

The pandemic messed it all up.

I’m just shocked that showtime didn’t pick up the slack with the promo though.

never seen Figueroa being promoted as a top talent before this

trust me when i say that every other promotional company promotes their future stars. Top Rank- Shakur, Golden Boy- Ortiz, PBC- that bum Joey

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
That card was a boxing fan appreciation card....so much good shyt...maybe not so heavy on the defense and finesse side of the game but to watch these dudes heart determination and will was a beautiful thing to watch

“maybe not so heavy on the defense and finesse side of the game”

Which is exactly why i turned the main event off. Sitting through a card where where there was little to no defense left me worn out by the time the main event got underway