5/18 PBC on SHO: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale (WBC Heavyweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
The last part is true, neither is Sky Sports though, they are both subscription based. But the AJ fights were PPV and the Wilder vs Breazeale 1 was free to the subscribers.

These guys arent even worth a response, now we factoring in illegal streams to justify Wilder doing lower numbers than his last fight pre-ppv with Fury. Yup, that 50/50 is in the bag :mjlol:

Why wasnt this Wilder fight on PPV when AJ manages to sell 90k seats + >500k PPVs vs scrubs?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Ultimately it says that more people will pay to watch AJ than watch Wilder for free. Also AJ has earned significantly higher purses than Wilder has. I also heard the tickets for the MSG show are selling for 3 times or more than the price Wilder vs Breazeale did.

Showtime isnt free TV.. Its subscription based premium television.. Wilder gets bigger viewership than any other fighter on Showtime since he won the belt... Wilder also has to compete with several other sports on regular cable during his fights.. Nobody gives a fukk about AJs upcoming fight. That shyt has zero buzz and is not being promoted over here at all and it's a less then 2 weeks away...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
These guys arent even worth a response, now we factoring in illegal streams to justify Wilder doing lower numbers than his last fight pre-ppv with Fury. Yup, that 50/50 is in the bag :mjlol:

Why wasnt this Wilder fight on PPV when AJ manages to sell 90k seats + >500k PPVs vs scrubs?

Nobody gives a fukk about AJs 90k cheap seats or selling ppvs in the UK for only 25..
Neither does AJ.. that's why him and Fury over in America where they have a chance to truly maximize revenue..
The fact that they were offering to pay Wilder $40 million let's me know 50/50 should be on the table..hell, maybe even 60/40 in Wilder favor.. AJ ain't never come close to a $40m purse

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah can't count illegal streams as it's impossible to tell exactly how many illegal streams each fighter gets, all that matters is the revenue because that's what's significant and what will have an impact.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Nobody gives a fukk about AJs 90k cheap seats or selling ppvs in the UK for only 25..
Neither does AJ.. that's why him and Fury over in America where they have a chance to truly maximize revenue..
The fact that they were offering to pay Wilder $40 million let's me know 50/50 should be on the table..hell, maybe even 60/40 in Wilder favor.. AJ ain't never come close to a $40m purse

AJ with no hype selling more tickets in NYC than wilder . . . . Lets get this straight though, Wilder cant sell a PPV for $1 let alone $25, thats facts. Why wasnt this brazeale fight on PPV if Wilder's so popular? The average joe on the street in the states has no idea who Wilder is. AJ has come a hell of a lot closer to a 40mil purse than Wilder has . . . and AJ will make more than that when he fights Fury. Didn't Wilder make only like ~10 million from the Fury fight? :gucci: AJ made more than that when he was fighting jobbers.
Wilder doesn't want to unify, we get it., he's happy to take bum fights at a fraction of the purses he's been offered. . . that's also facts :lolbron:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ with no hype selling more tickets in NYC than wilder . . . . Lets get this straight though, Wilder cant sell a PPV for $1 let alone $25, thats facts. Why wasnt this brazeale fight on PPV if Wilder's so popular? The average joe on the street in the states has no idea who Wilder is. AJ has come a hell of a lot closer to a 40mil purse than Wilder has . . . and AJ will make more than that when he fights Fury. Didn't Wilder make only like ~10 million from the Fury fight? :gucci: AJ made more than that when he was fighting jobbers.
Wilder doesn't want to unify, we get it., he's happy to take bum fights at a fraction of the purses he's been offered. . . that's also facts :lolbron:

The delusion some have is overboard and irrational, I don't see why it's necessary. I can see why you said not to reply. AJ has consistently been a higher draw than Wilder. Talking 60/40 in Wilder's favour is absolutely crazy talk, the reasons are self explanatory. Wilder would be lucky to get 40 percent, realistically he should get 30 but I hope they give him 50-50 at this point as just want the fight to happen but he doesn't deserve it at all.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Wilder has sold PPV in both America and UK... AJ can only sell ppvs in UK and is only a draw in UK..
Brazeale fight wasn't on ppv because Wilder decided to keep it on premium Showtime..

Fact still remains AJ has never been offered what DAZN offered Wilder.. AJ needs Wilder to see numbers like that..

You claim AJ is selling more tickets in UK than Wilder?? :usure:
Let's ignore that the Hearns buy up all the tickets to give off the impression that its selling... Can you prove AJ sells more in New York.. I'll wait

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The delusion some have is overboard and irrational, I don't see why it's necessary. I can see why you said not to reply. AJ has consistently been a higher draw than Wilder. Talking 60/40 in Wilder's favour is absolutely crazy talk, the reasons are self explanatory. Wilder would be lucky to get 40 percent, realistically he should get 30 but I hope they give him 50-50 at this point as just want the fight to happen but he doesn't deserve it at all.

Hes only a bigger draw in the UK breh..
Drawing power in the UK ain't shyt compared to drawing power in the US..
This is why Tyson Fury said he ain't never fighting over there again.. And now AJ has trying to fight here as well...
At this point, its at least 50/50 or no fight and AJ can take his ass back to Europe and fight people nobody gives a fukk about where ppvs cause the same as a meal at Applebees

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes only a bigger draw in the UK breh..
Drawing power in the UK ain't shyt compared to drawing power in the US..
This is why Tyson Fury said he ain't never fighting over there again.. And now AJ has trying to fight here as well...
At this point, its at least 50/50 or no fight and AJ can take his ass back to Europe and fight people nobody gives a fukk about where ppvs cause the same as a meal at Applebees

Worldwide overall he's a bigger draw, gets more views and makes more money. It doesn't matter what countries those views or money are coming from, it matters how much they are. I don't believe Tyson Fury said that also, because of the ESPN deal his next fights will be in U.S, but I don't remember him saying he would never fight in the U.K at all, if you have a link to that will check it out though but would be very surprised at that. AJ is fighting there because the other date fell through cause he was trying to get Wilder or Fury for Wembley in April but they both rejected the fight, so did Whyte, so he decided to make his U.S debut, at MSG at that, which isn't a bad place to have your first U.S fight. 50/50 is cool cause I think that can happen, that's the best compromise that is possible. As a fan I just wanna see them fight, they are both real athletes and huge punchers, it will be a historic spectacle and event, it will live up to the hype, it may be the biggest fight I've seen in my lifetime considering all the circumstances. Tyson vs Lewis was huge but was too 1 sided, McGregor vs Mayweater was always a mismatch cause McGregor had zero chance and Mayweather Pacquaio was wack after all the hype, this fight would live up to it cause it's likely somebody gets knocked out. For the sport they should both make the shyt happen, whoever wins it makes the sport bigger and better. I want that for the sport.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide overall he's a bigger draw, gets more views and makes more money. It doesn't matter what countries those views or money are coming from, it matters how much they are. I don't believe Tyson Fury said that also, because of the ESPN deal his next fights will be in U.S, but I don't remember him saying he would never fight in the U.K at all, if you have a link to that will check it out though but would be very surprised at that. AJ is fighting there because the other date fell through cause he was trying to get Wilder or Fury for Wembley in April but they both rejected the fight, so did Whyte, so he decided to make his U.S debut, at MSG at that, which isn't a bad place to have your first U.S fight. 50/50 is cool cause I think that can happen, that's the best compromise that is possible. As a fan I just wanna see them fight, they are both real athletes and huge punchers, it will be a historic spectacle and event, it will live up to the hype, it may be the biggest fight I've seen in my lifetime considering all the circumstances. Tyson vs Lewis was huge but was too 1 sided, McGregor vs Mayweater was always a mismatch cause McGregor had zero chance and Mayweather Pacquaio was wack after all the hype, this fight would live up to it cause it's likely somebody gets knocked out. For the sport they should both make the shyt happen, whoever wins it makes the sport bigger and better. I want that for the sport.

Worldwide sales ain't touching the maximum revenue made from boxing in the US.. And him being bigger worldwide is still debatable.

Tyson Fury did say it.. I'll find the link later.

AJ fighting in the US dont have shyt to do with Wilder and Fury. Those 2 were still negotiating the rematch clause when AJ signed to fight Miller in the US.. And it was widely known before the 1st fight that there was a rematch clause.. AJ knew he wasn't gettin GB a fight with Wilder or Fury before making that fake offer. That offer was just clout chasing and posturing for the media

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worldwide sales ain't touching the maximum revenue made from boxing in the US.. And him being bigger worldwide is still debatable.

Tyson Fury did say it.. I'll find the link later.

AJ fighting in the US dont have shyt to do with Wilder and Fury. Those 2 were still negotiating the rematch clause when AJ signed to fight Miller in the US.. And it was widely known before the 1st fight that there was a rematch clause.. AJ knew he wasn't gettin GB a fight with Wilder or Fury before making that fake offer. That offer was just clout chasing and posturing for the media

I'm talking about AJ vs Wilder solely, not historically the nations. As I said AJ has made significantly more money, has sold significantly more tickets and fought in front of much larger crowds, has been on PPV many more times and has significantly higher viewing figures for his fights. All of those things things are factual.

Cool, I'll check that out when you post it, I only saw him say his next fights would be in U.S but I may have missed it.

It does have to do with them, the venue was booked and the intention was to fight Wilder, that was the plan, Wilder wouldn't fight AJ yet again though, Wilder himself said they were "begging" for the fight. Fury also said he would happily let them 2 fight first before a rematch and that's what he wanted, he's said multiple times he wants them to fight. They were both offered the fight for that April date, Miller was a back up not the original plan, that's why the date was cancelled because they couldn't get the main fight they wanted or a good enough back up.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm talking about AJ vs Wilder solely, not historically the nations. As I said AJ has made a significantly more money, has sold significantly more tickets and fought in front of much larger crowds, has been on PPV many more times and has significantly higher viewing figures for his fights. All of those things things are factual.

Cool, I'll check that out when you post it, I only saw him say his next fights would be in U.S but I may have missed it.

It does have to do with them, the venue was booked and the intention was to fight Wilder, that was the plan, Wilder wouldn't fight AJ yet again though, Wilder himself said they were "begging" for the fight. Fury also said he would happily let them 2 fight first before a rematch and that's what he wanted, he's said multiple times he wants them to fight. They were both offered the fight for that April date, Miller was a back up not the original plan, that's why the date was cancelled because they couldn't get the main fight they wanted or a good enough back up.

AJ ain't made more than what's being offered to Deontay Wilder though..

How could his plans and intentions be to fight Wilder on that date when Wilder and Fury had a rematch clause.. And this was before Fury decided to duck the rematch and sign to ESPN??

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ ain't made more than what's being offered to Deontay Wilder though..

How could his plans and intentions be to fight Wilder on that date when Wilder and Fury had a rematch clause.. And this was before Fury decided to duck the rematch and sign to ESPN??

Lol it was offered to Wilder FOR THE AJ FIGHT bro lmao. AJ has been offered more than that, if Wilder signed AJ was going to make more, Eddie said it was in line with a 60/40 split, so If Wilder was making 40 or 50 mil AJ would have been making more than that, don't have a calculator to hand to work out what that would be, maybe somebody else can, but I'd guess around 60 mil plus, and AJ's biggest purse he's actually received is WAY WAY WAY bigger than Wilder's biggest, like it's not even in the same ballpark. AJ has made more than Wilder ever has multiple times.

Because they didn't know there was a rematch clause initially to start with and also it could have been worked around, Fury said he wouldn't stand in the way of that fight. Right after the Wilder vs Fury fight AJ's team contacted Wilder's again to try and make the fight, infact prior to that they contacted them but were told they'd discuss it after that fight. All of this is on record.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@The Ruler 09
AJs plan was to fight Dillian Whyte on that date, and when that fell through that's when they made the fight with Jarrell Miller..

I don't believe that to be true, everybody, including Wilder and his team said they wanted to fight Wilder on that date. Fury was offered the fight and so was Whyte, they all turned it down, so they cancelled that date and it led to the Miller fight and we know what happened then so now Ruiz.