50 Cent - Higher (Original Version) Leaks Ahead of Drillmatic Release

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
...still the funniest part of the song because he sang the first line in the format of 'i will take you higher'

man Game was randomly dissing murder inc from the gate and listeners back then were just rolling with it, he'll probably walk back that line if he had a chance to get ashanti on a hook, but it's probably not going to happen given how many bridges he burnt along the way, even if it's even just another remake like most rap songs trying to recapture that nostalgia

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
hilarious and typical that people are downplaying direct evidence

this happens in all forms of music too and people argue to the death
if someone collabs with you writing... then its a group effort, no matter what

its 100% irrefutable when there's an actual "REFERENCE TRACK" for you to hear as well :russ: only in Bizzaro world internet would people be like "NAh this dont mean whatever"

you can still give The Game his props as an artist without lying... he's amazing
Him and Jim Jones both came out and couldnt even rap ... both had horrible delivery and didnt even rhyme at times
if you actually listened to rap music... you were there for that evolution and you cant even hate... he became a fukking beast with the pen

realistically there's no shame in your LABEL making you take the hits from 50
thats how marketing and sales work ... Game and 50 are just too dumb and egocentric to just get bread
realistically its on The Game because he knew what he was getting into when he signed to a major... he didnt want to be babied by 50 or be in Gunit when the label forced it... but thats what he signed up for, Jimmy needs you to be marketable asap and get this money... it only made sense to have a nationwide group to dominate.

All game really had to do ... is say publicly "I dont really want to be around 50 or Gunit... Jimmy thought 50 cent helping on my debut would pop more... but I respectfully would like to be my own artist... it was a label decision, but moving forward I would like to be in control of my whole album... I am willing to work and collab in the distant future but for now I'm gonna put the Westcoast on my back" He would have had the same career and we all would have known... "Oh this dude is dope regardless... we understand the label situation...good for him though to be his own man"

instead he sabotaged the same label that tried to make him a multi millionaire and then cried about them not fukking with him anymore

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Higher always reminded me of Outta Control, might’ve been from the same sessions. But why 50’s hook sounds bored on that version?

Same type of Dre beat. And it always reminded me of that track too. Outta control og was one of those whatever tracks and then the remix :ohlawd: came out and blew the original off the tracklist

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
If you got a dope beat from Dr Dre and made a dope hook for it and gave it to me and I redid the hood and wrote the verses and put the song out you don’t get to run around and tell people you wrote that song. You can go around and tell people you made that hook to the song. Keep it 100!

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
The hook is a vital part of the song tho and without it there’s no song in this case, the songs whole character and vibe is based off the hook that’s created for it. The verses were put in to fit the song structure which was created by 50. If 50 didn’t give the hooks there’s no documentary simple as that. And not every rapper needs those type of hooks but that’s trademark 50 shyt in prime time (massacre time period). Now I’m sure 50 probably wouldn’t have even mentioned it if game didn’t try to destroy the whole label. Only reason he exists on the level he was at is because of 50. He & Dre did wonders for this guys career.

Last edited: