50 Cents "Amusement Park" Is A Prime Example Of Banal Songwriting

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“If you were my best friend I’d love you like allll the time” :mjlol:

How you gonna talk about ja rule then turn into him within 2 years
50 harmonizing was more some when you be just singing along to some shyt in the shower type jawn tho. Ja Rule was like really trying to sing, like crying in the rain singing and all that, for real. It’s different. Nig did a music video in honor of the movie “Grease” singing with sheer emotion in his eyes about her smile and hips and shyt

Megagraphitti

Caribbean-Canadian 🇦🇬
Daps
Reppin
Canada 🇨🇦
I haven't heard that song in full still to this day. That's one of those songs I skipped after a few seconds and never bothered to give a full listen. The Massacre was basically as good as GRODT to my 13 year old self, but Curtis was a clear drop-off.

Curtis 187 is the only joint I like from that album.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
His music always been minimal with the wordplay, he has witty lines here and there but who’s listening to him for bars? The Massacre was the beginning of the end. Did anyone hear the lyrics of Candy Shop or any of the songs on that album?

He was a pretty great writer at this point. And IDGAF about wordplay. Im into actual lyrics with context, which 50 had. He was very succinct, able to paint picture with very little wording.

It aint good to do good in my hood
*GUNSHOT*
You not to do good now!

At the worst, this quote is....blunt. But its still effective. On Curtis 50s brevity turned into straight up rudimentary-ness. He picked it back up a good bit on BFISD (that line about Paul McCartneys divorce was gold lol) but he went right back to shyt after, and has BEEN shyt since then.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Look at this shyt

Good evening ladies, I'll tell you from the start
I'm hoping you enjoy my amusement park
There's lots of activities, fun things to do
And I'll find my pleasure in pleasing you
Some rides go fast, some rides go slow
You fear heights when I'm high, hell yeah, I'll go low
It tastes so sweet that sticky cotton candy
If we get carried away, we'd be starting a family
It's a perfect time for a magic trick
Girl, you know it's no fun without the magic stick
Now watch me as I pull a rabbit out a hat
Then you can use the rabbit all over your cat
Applause now, that's the first half of my act
I started out a pimp, now I'm more like a mac
I don't need your paper, just don't fukk with my stacks
(Oh, it's like that?) Yeah, it's like that

Like this is some shyt a child would write. Very elementary. At least the beat is good.
Breh write a better verse right now or stfu

That’s good songwriting, you don’t know what you’re talking about. The rappers you’d probably be first to cite couldn’t write a verse like that snd probably don’t have the mental cognition to realize where and when they should write a verse like that

There lyrics maintain a theme while alluding to lewd innuendos, and also calls reference to past hits. He was probably literally put to task by Jimmy to follow up Candy Shop. The song was made for #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 not the rap charts. Not even a 50 fan.

5 stars out,

End thread.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Now lets give 50 some credit. He was (at a point, obviously lol) able to encapsulate the dangers of he birthplace (and his response to those dangers) without being overdrawn or having to use punchlines. If I were to compare to another RAPPER, it'd be T.I. (though not as half as smooth or lyrical). I mean T.I. DID say this

Ill give it to you STRAIGHT nikka I dont need a metaphor

This was 50s disposition as well (whether he knew it or not lol)

If you was smart, you'd be shook of me
Cuz if I get tired of looking for you
Ill spray your mama crib and let your ass look for me

You get this shyt LOUD and CLEAR lol. Did he need a metaphor/simile there?

Its weird how much of fall off he had. I dont get it at all.

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
The backlash for both this and 'Straight to the bank' was some wild shyt to watch unfold in real time....Like, both songs got shytted on hard as fukk to the point it threw his whole rollout off, and is part of the reason the stigma exists around the "Curtis" album, which while isn't great, is nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be.

I still blast the fukk out of "Follow My Lead" though, no idea how that didn't get much play.
Fam thank you for reminding me about follow my lead some song as you get older you forget about

• Dap
Reactions: Eza

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
The lyrics are very broad that everybody could understand, but thats by design. Since it was a club track, nobody was probably listening to the lyrics anyway.

I think 50 was one of the funniest rappers in his prime, his personality shone through and he wrote probably 10 + massive hits songs with memorable hooks and lines.

I'm not sure how his comeback will go, Curtis was probably the last time he was relevant musically.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That summer 2007 Curtis pre release was something that could be studied by marketing majors, promo, all the mechanisms that record labels pull to launch projects, everything went wrong, every time.

Remember Ayo Technology

hey I played that shyt a few times thinking it was hot, but listening to 50 complain about being tired of using technology to please himself was a little weird

at some point there was a video with Dustin Hoffman

also, the music's just inherent staleness and lack of creativity, this is when an artist is refusing to budge, and just revving their gears, stuck in neutral

there was a Robin Thicke assisted single too

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
That summer 2007 Curtis pre release was something that could be studied by marketing majors, promo, all the mechanisms that record labels pull to launch projects, everything went wrong, every time.

Remember Ayo Technology

hey I played that shyt a few times thinking it was hot, but listening to 50 complain about being tired of using technology to please himself was a little weird

at some point there was a video with Dustin Hoffman

also, the music's just inherent staleness and lack of creativity, this is when an artist is refusing to budge, and just revving their gears, stuck in neutral

there was a Robin Thicke assisted single too
:russ:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
He was a pretty great writer at this point. And IDGAF about wordplay. Im into actual lyrics with context, which 50 had. He was very succinct, able to paint picture with very little wording.

It aint good to do good in my hood
*GUNSHOT*
You not to do good now!

At the worst, this quote is....blunt. But its still effective. On Curtis 50s brevity turned into straight up rudimentary-ness. He picked it back up a good bit on BFISD (that line about Paul McCartneys divorce was gold lol) but he went right back to shyt after, and has BEEN shyt since then.

It’s all generic in my opinion. Everyone talks about song writing but I want a mixture of both being lyrical and some type of song writing. Sometimes I don’t want to listen to formulaic sounding music and want a rapper to just rap with a passion and not sound boring as shyt.

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
Like this is some shyt a child would write. Very elementary. At least the beat is good.

He told you himself on I'm Supposed to Die Tonight:

It's elementary. Life is but a dream
You know: row, row your boat. Your blood forms a stream :blessed:

Whenever 50 comes up, me and my best friend will do an exaggerated version of his dance from the video

KQ1o9T.gif

:dead::dame:

Pure comedy