jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
honestly i've always been a tv person over a movie guy. Tv gives larger arcs and deeper character development than a 2 hour movie.
I tell people this all the time...and none of them seem to understand.
Most movies nowadays have bad writing and no character development.
And to find out if the movie will be good, you have to sit through 45min of it...and by that time youve wasted so much time on a shyt movie.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Definitely! I've made the transition to being a "movie guy" to a "tv guy" and I'm glad it's not just me. TV shows are just so better made, easier to digest, higher quality these days.

Before it used to be "Only on HBO" now the HBO quality shows are spread around everywhere.

c/s

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
The current level of directors just aren't on the level of those that came through in different stages in the 20th century in America. That lack of directorial talent is killing American films imo.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
And when talented directors do get to hollywood no one is willing to take risks anymore because profit margins on films are so tight. Hence endless sequels and the same mediocre aging directors getting big budget movies again and again.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I tell people this all the time...and none of them seem to understand.
Most movies nowadays have bad writing and no character development.
And to find out if the movie will be good, you have to sit through 45min of it...and by that time youve wasted so much time on a shyt movie.

This is bullshyt. This isn't a new problem, and it's certainly not exclusive to movies. Hollywood has been making shytty movies for 100 years...and they've been making great ones too. :smh: @ "most movies"....you are just watching the wrong movies.

Also, TV isn't lacking shows with shytty writing/character development either. There are most ALL-TIME GREAT shows on TV right now, and that seems to be swaying your opinion. For all the Breaking Bad/Mad Men/Boardwalk Empire/Wire shows...more people still watch CSI, 2.5 Men, The Big Bang Theory, Survivor, American Idol and Smash.

It's the same thing, it's just easier for someone to find great "hidden" gems on TV.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
It depends. If you don't watch the TV Shows on AMC or the ones on the premium channels then I would say no it doesn't affect it..imo