Edit: Holy shyt Riddle vs Strong was flames

edit: This ladder match :damn:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I never feel more out of synch with today's product and fanbase than with Takeover's main events. Specially stuff like Cole vs Gargano.

There's too much retarded shyt going on in thos matches for me to truly feel engaged with it and call it anything more than "fine".

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never feel more out of synch with today's product and fanbase than with Takeover's main events. Specially stuff like Cole vs Gargano.

There's too much retarded shyt going on in thos matches for me to truly feel engaged with it and call it anything more than "fine".

From what I've heard, it's a lot like their first match. In that case, I'm good with never seeing it.

Both guys are good wrestlers, but it seems like they just play to all of their worst habits when they get together.

Not to go all Cornette, but kicking out of finishers for 15 minutes doesn't work for me as far as building tension goes. Eventually it just gets ridiculous, and I'm ready for it to wrap up.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
From what I've heard, it's a lot like their first match. In that case, I'm good with never seeing it.

Both guys are good wrestlers, but it seems like they just play to all of their worst habits when they get together.

Not to go all Cornette, but kicking out of finishers for 15 minutes doesn't work for me as far as building tension goes. Eventually it just gets ridiculous, and I'm ready for it to wrap up.

I still believe Michaels becoming and agent for NXT was the worst thing that could happen to Gargano. I mean, you take his stuff from 2016 to the first Ciampa match in 2018 and it's a steady evolution to a great main event performer. And after that is like they tried to go even further. And they completely lost me.

I'm (we?) clearly in the minority though, people go fukking nuts for this mix of "WWE epic" (Michaels specialty) and indy excess. It's just too fukking much of everything to me.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still believe Michaels becoming and agent for NXT was the worst thing that could happen to Gargano.

Agreed. While Michaels can generally lay out a good match, it's like he hasn't gathered that near falls are good for building tension. Near falls from finishers or finisher type moves/fukkery eventually become excessive.