6/23 PBC on FOX: Jermell Charlo vs Jorge Cota / Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Julio Ceja

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

I might be biased towards Rigo but it looked like Ceja was slowing down and Rigo was slowly but surely taking over. Rigo's uppercut to the body was doing work on Ceja. Because of that, Rigo was ducking better after the first half and landing more precisely. Still I was stressed from the start as breh suddenly fought like an infighter. I'd like to think he was trying to make a statement about him not being boring or trying to prove that he can beat a dude on the inside but it's a bit too late at 38. Otherwise, I can't explain his strategy at all above all as Shields was telling him to box more but we know Rigo does what he wants.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I might be biased towards Rigo but it looked like Ceja was slowing down and Rigo was slowly but surely taking over. Rigo's uppercut to the body was doing work on Ceja. Because of that, Rigo was ducking better after the first half and landing more precisely. Still I was stressed from the start as breh suddenly fought like an infighter. I'd like to think he was trying to make a statement about him not being boring or trying to prove that he can beat a dude on the inside but it's a bit too late at 38. Otherwise, I can't explain his strategy at all above all as Shields was telling him to box more but we know Rigo does what he wants.

That's exactly what Rigo said in the post fight interview. People criticize him and say he's always on his bike in the ring, so he tried to stand in front of his opponent to be more entertaining.

Honestly, he was catching some good shots, hate to see Rigo fight like that.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
That's exactly what Rigo said in the post fight interview. People criticize him and say he's always on his bike in the ring, so he tried to stand in front of his opponent to be more entertaining.

Honestly, he was catching some good shots, hate to see Rigo fight like that.
Oh ok, I didn't watched the post fight interview but it makes sense. Anyway same as you, I wasn't feeling seeing Rigo hit like that, plus Ceja was really landing flush not just grazing him. Wobbled him well at some point though as usual Rigo shot back fiercely right away.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Charlo-Cota Main Event Averaged 1,832,000 Viewers For FOX

By Keith Idec

Fighting a late replacement on a Sunday night didn’t dramatically impact viewership for Jermell Charlo’s win over Jorge Cota on network television.

Nielsen Media Research revealed Tuesday that an average audience of 1,832,000 tuned in to watch Charlo’s brutal, third-round knockout of Cota from Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Viewership for the Charlo-Cota main event was substantially higher than the average audience for a three-bout broadcast that lasted about two hours and 15 minutes (1,200,000).

In all, an average of 1,265,000 combined viewers watched this tripleheader Sunday night on FOX, FOX Deportes and FOX Sports’ streaming services.

jermell-charlo%20(3)_12.jpg

The Charlo-Cota viewership wasn’t much lower than for the main event of FOX’s previous boxing broadcast. That bout – a “Fight of the Year” candidate in which Julian Williams upset Jarrett Hurd by unanimous decision to win three 154-pound titles – drew a peak viewership of 2,108,000 on May 11 from EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Virginia.

An average audience of 1,385,000 watched the three-fight telecast headlined by Williams-Hurd, which aired on a Saturday night.

Houston’s Charlo (32-1, 16 KOs) was supposed to face Tony Harrison in an immediate rematch Sunday night, six months after Harrison upset Charlo by unanimous decision and took his WBC super welterweight title. Detroit’s Harrison (28-2, 21 KOs) withdrew from their second fight three weeks in advance, though, because he suffered an ankle injury that required surgery.

Charlo knocked down Mexico’s Cota (28-4, 25 KOs) twice, each time with a punishing right hand, before referee Jay Nady stopped their scheduled 12-round bout.

Earlier Sunday night, an average of 1,030,000 viewers watched an entertaining fight in which former WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux knocked out Julio Ceja in the eighth round. The Cuban-born Rigondeaux (19-1, 13 KOs) was down on all three scorecards when he dropped Mexico’s Ceja (32-4, 28 KOs) in the eighth round and referee Russell Mora stopped their scheduled 12-round, 122-pound WBC elimination match.

In between the Charlo-Cota and Rigondeaux-Ceja bouts, an average of 1,187,000 viewers tuned in to watch 19-year-old junior middleweight prospect Joey Spencer (8-0, 6 KOs) out-point Akeem Black (5-3, 2 KOs) in a six-round fight.