6 Figures 6 Certs PSA…This New NYC Pay Transparency Law Might Change Your Life

Daps
As of November 1st, all job postings that can or will be performed in NYC must disclose a salary pay range.

If you don’t live in NYC, you might be like, “So what nikka? Where the PAWGS at?”

But this shyt right here is a cheat code for everybody, especially those that live in other high cost of living. Since many companies have HQs and offices in NYC, there’s a very good chance you can find your role at a comparable company and learn what your job/career REALLY pays.

This shyt is illuminating brehs and brehettes. Some of these have salary bands as wide as $300k :ohhh:

Location is obviously a big factor severals factor for the salary you can commend, so it’s not a 1:1 thing for most but it gives you a general idea and at least you can compare earnings potential between different career paths.

Curious to know what a director at a F500 makes? Well if they got a office in NYC, you can find out.

Even with this info, just a reminder to NEVER throw out the first number when talking to a recruiter about pay. You pouring jelly on yourself.

A similar law goes into effect in CA January 1st too, so even more datapoints to come.

Makes this bread or make your bed Coli:salute:

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
What in the… I don’t got nothing better to do so ima pocket watch nonsense you got going on op?

Last edited:
Daps
What in the… I don’t got nothing better to do so ima pocket watch nonsense you going on about op?
Might not be the best audience but if it helps someone :yeshrug:

Don't know how this is pocket watching though.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Colorado has had this for a little bit, I've seen it on some reqs. Their COL is comparable to where I'm at, so I'm hoping it helps with future job hunting and negotiation.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
You see it. Colorado already had it, but this takes it to a whole new level.
Let's eat :wow:
Downside with Colorado is they have to put a salary, but then can turn around and say that the rate is for people OUTSIDE of Colorado only.

So the law needs to be air tight.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If you don’t live in NYC, you might be like, “So what nikka? Where the PAWGS at?”
what-huh.gif