6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I get it, I'm in the same boat.

Lean team, single point of failure, etc etc. As long as they paying you appropriately or the role fits your development goals.

But take that time off, the work will always be there. (My wife tells me this, but donI listen? No)
I feel this man. In my case other people just aren't capable or dumb as rocks too so that makes it even more annoying. Some would say it's leverage but idk

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Scratch one more :francis: . The average Coli poster has more friends than I have people remaining on my team. Let's see how my boss decides to handle this.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm about a year and a half into this strategy consulting gig, I don't think I want to do this long-term but moving jobs in this economy seems damn near impossible especially something that pays similarly. :francis:

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
A friend of mine was interviewing for my old job, but didn’t get it.

He had an in-office interview. He met the office manager and an HR person. They sat in the kitchen where other people were around and he met them too, but they weren’t part of the interview.

My friend says the office manager kept getting up to get the lunch deliveries (there’s usually 3 a day). And then he’d be sitting there with the other people and it’d be awkward.

After getting rejected, he asked for feedback, the recruiter said it was his communication. My friend doesn’t have a problem communicating. He’s a charismatic dude who I worked with twice before.
Sounds like a disrespectful situation. I wonder if they were serious about the candidate or just checking a box.

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like a disrespectful situation. I wonder if they were serious about the candidate or just checking a box.
Honestly, I think it’s that they’re disorganized and the 2 people running the interview are inexperienced.

I left in mid February and they still haven’t found an IT person in NYC? They’re doing something wrong.