6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Have any of you all ever exercised your stock options? I hit my 1 year mark, so some of mine have vested.

I wish I worked somewhere that had RSUs and 401k matching.
Got stock options that start vesting in a year, will definitely exercise them when they best.

Had RSUs when I worked a Twitter, most folks treated like cash and opted the "Sell All" when they vested. just make sure you put some money aside for taxes at end of year.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I hope someone can offer me some advice for this post. Currently, I’m 36 credits away from a BS in Cybersecurity. This semester has been very hectic and the distractions are making it difficult to focus. I’m wondering if I switch to a Information Technology, will it matter in the long run, considering how important certs are?

Making the switch will shorten the time for me to graduate. But is a Cybersecurity BS seen more favorably on the job market?

What are you in a rush to graduate early for? Take your time to graduate get some certs and internships before you leave.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What are you in a rush to graduate early for? Take your time to graduate get some certs and internships before you leave.
I just want to get this over with, I have too many distractions in my life and I’m getting overwhelmed. I’m having difficulty managing business, family duties, and school.

I’m not going to switch, I’d have to take more courses than I need to graduate in my current degree path. I’ll just have to grind it out.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I just want to get this over with, I have too many distractions in my life and I’m getting overwhelmed. I’m having difficulty managing business, family duties, and school.

I’m not going to switch, I’d have to take more courses than I need to graduate in my current degree path. I’ll just have to grind it out.

When you work in tech learning never stops. Always some new technology coming out. I just spent all day teaching myself GraphQL.

Take your time to grasp the material. Job market ain't even hitting like that right now. By the time you finish up and get some certs the job market might be back in full swing.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
This dude at my job straight up refuses to do his job. I know why they won't punish him (he's white and been there forever), but jesus christ. Dude consistently causes more work for EVERYONE and leadership won't do a damn thing about it

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The office manager was fired. I don't know why though. My manager shut down her accounts. Him and HR people were having quiet conversations and meetings on the low for most of the day.

It sucks because she used to help set up the equipment for the weekly all hands meetings because she used to work at an audio equipment company.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The office manager was fired. I don't know why though. My manager shut down her accounts. Him and HR people were having quiet conversations and meetings on the low for most of the day.

It sucks because she used to help set up the equipment for the weekly all hands meetings because she used to work at an audio equipment company.

Which one of the employees was giving her that ol yuletide early?

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
A large part of it was about him unearthing mistakes I made in that assignment and debugging it live with my "assistance". Had the :francis: the whole time after each reveal.

Be a @Regular Developer , brehs.
Somehow I made it past that round and eventually scheduled and had the final one with the CEO. I had to have been the only Mofo who applied for this then...aint no way :gucci:

Ask him at the end if he had any doubts hiring me given all he knows so far :patrice: and he hit me with the "bag on the way, pleighboi :birdman:" and to look out for the official letter :wow: :mjcry:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which one of the employees was giving her that ol yuletide early?
My manager wanted me to add him to our Apple Store Business account urgently on Friday, so I'm not sure if she did something shady or what.

She was a bit of Karen at times, but she helped me sometimes.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I hope someone can offer me some advice for this post. Currently, I’m 36 credits away from a BS in Cybersecurity. This semester has been very hectic and the distractions are making it difficult to focus. I’m wondering if I switch to a Information Technology, will it matter in the long run, considering how important certs are?

Making the switch will shorten the time for me to graduate. But is a Cybersecurity BS seen more favorably on the job market?

Stay the course honestl even if you need to push your graduation a little further. Try to get some internships in the mean time.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Somehow I made it past that round and eventually scheduled and had the final one with the CEO. I had to have been the only Mofo who applied for this then...aint no way :gucci:

Ask him at the end if he had any doubts hiring me given all he knows so far :patrice: and he hit me with the "bag on the way, pleighboi :birdman:" and to look out for the official letter :wow: :mjcry:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Have any of you all ever exercised your stock options? I hit my 1 year mark, so some of mine have vested.

I wish I worked somewhere that had RSUs and 401k matching.

I just got my RSU’s this Monday and I’ll be using mine as cash when they vest. I already purchase company stock at a 15% discount through our company’s ESPP. Don’t need to load up on more company stock.

My stock options I’ll sell then reinvest into my brokerage account or use it as my downpayment fund.

Last edited: