60-unit housing complex with rents as low as $465 opens in Fontana

bnew

Veteran
Daps
60-unit housing complex with rents as low as $465 opens in Fontana – San Bernardino Sun

Sierra Fountains houses those who earn between 30% and 60% of the area median income
SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-01TP.jpg

Sierra Fountains, a new $23 million development in Fontana, is expected to help 60 working families attain housing. The complex, near schools and parks, was dedicated in Fontana on Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2021. (Photo by Terry Pierson, The Press-Enterprise/SCNG)
By BRIAN WHITEHEAD | bwhitehead@scng.com | The Sun
PUBLISHED: December 14, 2021 at 6:24 p.m. | UPDATED: December 14, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.

Nearly two years ago Laura Archuleta stood beside Fontana Mayor Acquanetta Warren as swirling winds kicked dirt around a vacant lot at Ramona and Sierra avenues.

The two returned to the site amid a rainstorm Tuesday, Dec. 14, to mark the opening of a $23 million housing development for 60 working families.

• SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-02TP.jpg
  • SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-03TP.jpg
  • SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-04TP.jpg
  • SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-06TP.jpg
  • SBS-L-FOUNTAINS-1214-03TP.jpg
Sierra Fountains, a new $23 million development in Fontana, is expected to help 60 working families attain housing. The complex, near schools and parks, was dedicated in Fontana on Tuesday, Dec.14, 2021. (Photo by Terry Pierson, The Press-Enterprise/SCNG)

"You flashback to when we had the groundbreaking and the Inland Empire was still being looked at as an affordable option for Orange County and L.A. workers,” Archuleta, president and CEO of Irvine-based developer Jamboree Housing, said in a phone interview Tuesday.

“What’s happened in the two years since then is the Inland Empire is one of the hottest housing markets in the country,” she added.

Sierra Fountains, which is at full capacity, houses those who earn between 30% and 60% of the area median income.

Monthly rents range between $435 and $1,210 based on family size and income level. There are 60 units in all, including a manager’s unit. The Ramona Avenue property was designed to exceed Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, standards.

Less than a half-mile from the closest park and medical clinic, the complex features a 5,000-square-foot community building with flexible recreational space, management offices, kitchen facilities and a computer lab for residents and neighbors.

Additionally, an on-site 3,000-square-foot health and wellness clinic available to all is set to open next year. In partnership with Cucamonga Valley Medical Group, the clinic will offer community members access to health education classes, flu shots, immunization services and sick childcare services.

“Housing is healthcare because it’s hard to stay healthy if you do not have a place to live,” Archuleta said. “By having a health clinic here … we’ll make this property a true community asset, not just to those living on the property but to those living around them, too.”

Sierra Fountains is Jamboree’s seventh affordable housing community in Fontana, and, with the coronavirus pandemic beginning shortly after the January 2020 groundbreaking, perhaps the most challenging to complete.

Originally slated to open earlier this year, construction slowed at the outset of the pandemic as subcontractors figured out how to safely run their operations, Archuleta said.

Archuleta commended Fontana staffers for recognizing the value such a development would bring to the community and working through challenging circumstances.

Sierra Fountains, which is at full capacity, houses those who earn between 30% and 60% of the area median income.

Monthly rents range between $435 and $1,210 based on family size and income level. There are 60 units in all, including a manager’s unit. The Ramona Avenue property was designed to exceed Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, standards.

Less than a half-mile from the closest park and medical clinic, the complex features a 5,000-square-foot community building with flexible recreational space, management offices, kitchen facilities and a computer lab for residents and neighbors.

Additionally, an on-site 3,000-square-foot health and wellness clinic available to all is set to open next year. In partnership with Cucamonga Valley Medical Group, the clinic will offer community members access to health education classes, flu shots, immunization services and sick childcare services.

“Housing is healthcare because it’s hard to stay healthy if you do not have a place to live,” Archuleta said. “By having a health clinic here … we’ll make this property a true community asset, not just to those living on the property but to those living around them, too.”

Sierra Fountains is Jamboree’s seventh affordable housing community in Fontana, and, with the coronavirus pandemic beginning shortly after the January 2020 groundbreaking, perhaps the most challenging to complete.

Originally slated to open earlier this year, construction slowed at the outset of the pandemic as subcontractors figured out how to safely run their operations, Archuleta said.

Archuleta commended Fontana staffers for recognizing the value such a development would bring to the community and working through challenging circumstances.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Not too far from me..

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in that area, but I guess it works for those who need housing assistance.
My wife's sister lives in Fontana. I tell my wife that Cali is way more expensive than where we live in Illinois. I should send her the link to this:pachaha:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My wife's sister lives in Fontana. I tell my wife that Cali is way more expensive than where we live in Illinois. I should send her the link to this:pachaha:

Yeah..

Tell her..

Will she qualify to live there?

Honestly, I prefer the North part of the town, but I guess some gotta get in where they fit in...

* shrugs*

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Yeah..

Tell her..

Will she qualify to live there?

Honestly, I prefer the North part of the town, but I guess some gotta get in where they fit in...

* shrugs*
I just saw that it is based on 30-60 percent of the median income. If she moved there and had the type of job she got now she wouldnt qualify.

I know how much she loves southern california though. I'm tryna pitch Vegas to her since it is only about 3hr drive from the east side of suburban LA

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I just saw that it is based on 30-60 percent of the median income. If she moved there and had the type of job she got now she wouldnt qualify.

I know how much she loves southern california though. I'm tryna pitch Vegas to her since it is only about 3hr drive from the east side of suburban LA
@Buckeye Fever's Wife

he out here trying to get close to the action again

93’ Buckeye with disposable money

full

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

If your SIL make a good living, then she need to hop on one of the new homes, townhomes or condos being built in the city...

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Vegas has gotten expensive too, y'all should stay where y'all at. If anything, the money y'all save on rent/mortgage could be used to more trips to Cali. :hubie:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They are going to put stories like this in the media to help people feel better meanwhile the morning news just said the average re t in the United States is over $1700 /month and the last 5 months have seen double digit growth :francis:

Sadly facts :francis: they dont hammer in how ridiculous it sounds even trying to buy a house is nowadays... :hhh: shyt is outta control