7/17 PBC on SHO: Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castaño (WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO Super Welterweight Titles)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Antt is saying exactly what I said. Charlo didn't really make much adjustments against Harrison and was getting handled until the KO

Yeah he's right, Charlo has a knack for fishing for counters, he's smart like that, sees the openings well and learned to punish them, but imo he could still improve, like he could intentionally provoke a specific kind of punch and counter it, instead falling back and reactively picking up on the opponent's patterns. Cause this way if the opponent is defensively tight enough and responsible enough then he might stuggle.

As far as overall gameplan/strategy goes he doesn't really change shyt up though. The main thing I can see him doing different is letting his hands go more (maybe more uppercuts but Castano was also looking out for that) but that includes the risk of getting knocked down or out by Castano. Mell has a good chin but even he was clipped here, the ropes might have held him up there.

Besides I find it a bit repulsive how the main narrative around the rematch is already about how Charlo gonna adapt and win like he'd be some main hero of this shyt and Castano would just be there to be a stage boss that he has to get through somehow. Give Castano his credit, he earned to be considered more than an overachieving supporting cast.

I'm expecting another 50-50, looking forward to it, I hope it happens next.