(7/28)Tony Touch Presents: The Def Tape( Features from AZ, Redman, Jadakiss, Gibbs, Jeezy, Rick Ross, Conway, Benny and more)

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada

In honor of the 50th anniversary of hip-hop, The Def Tape arrives on limited-edition vinyl, CD, and cassette on August 11, 2023.

The Def Tape serves as the companion album to MIXTAPE, the new documentary film from Paramount+ in association with MTV Entertainment Studios, Mercury Studios and Def Jam Recordings. The film – which explores how the creation of mixtapes launched hip-hop into mainstream culture – debuts exclusively on Paramount+ on Tuesday, August 1 in the U.S. and Canada and Wednesday, August 2 in the U.K., Australia, Latin America and Brazil, with further international markets to follow later in the year.

The album itself consists of 13 new original tracks recorded for the MIXTAPE and mixed by legendary DJ and producer Tony Touch. Among many highlights, GRAMMY® Award-nominated gold-selling Harlem hip-hop heavyweight Dave East links up with superstar Teyana for the heartfelt and hypnotic “All I Need.” Meanwhile, the late Trouble has delivered the powerful “Slippin” as his final recording, paying homage to another fallen Def Jam legend DMX and soundtracking a key moment in the film. Among the other on-screen anthems, Griselda marauders and elite MCs Conway The Machine and Benny The Butcher go bar-for-bar on the explosive “We Shot Ya,” and Jeezy and Rick Ross show up for the South on “Pablo’s Revere.” Taking it way back, AZ, Doo Wop, and Lil Fame unapologetically lean into the old school energy on “Rampage 2.0.” The Def Tape captures the spirit of hip-hop’s past, present, and future on one of its most important mediums—the MIXTAPE.

01. Tony Touch – Rampage 2.0 (feat. Doo Wop, Lil Fame, AZ & DJ Scratch).mp3
02. Tony Touch – Real nikka Time (feat. Redman).mp3
03. Tony Touch – Pablo’s Revere (feat. Jeezy & Rick Ross).mp3
04. Tony Touch – Tonight (feat. Jadakiss, Freddie Gibbs & Maxo).mp3
05. Tony Touch – Knowledge (feat. Slick Rick).mp3
06. Tony Touch – All I Need (feat. Dave East & Teyana Taylor).mp3
07. Tony Touch – Flames (feat. Saint Bodhi & Steven Moses).mp3
08. Tony Touch – Our Turn (feat. N.O.R.E.).mp3
09. Tony Touch – Move (feat. Fredo Bang).mp3
10. Tony Touch – We Shot Ya (feat. Conway the Machine & Benny The Butcher).mp3
11. Tony Touch – Can’t Get Right (feat. Trouble).mp3
12. Tony Touch – Black Stolen (feat. Chuck D. & Bobby Sessions).mp3