76ers opened as favorites over Knicks, a rarity for a No. 7 seed in the NBA playoffs

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The New York Knicks had a fantastic season, including a season-ending overtime win to move up to the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Their reward was opening as underdogs for their first-round series.

It's very rare for a No. 7 seed to be favored in a first-round series. It has happened only once since 1988, according to BetMGM. But that could change this year.

The 76ers opened as -120 favorites over the Knicks at BetMGM. Then the odds evened out, and both teams are -110 as of Thursday afternoon. Those odds could change again before the series begins Saturday.

No matter where the odds land, there's good reason for the Knicks to feel disrespected.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
It all depends on Embiid's condition. If he plays like shyt, the way he played against Miami, then there is no way Sixers are favorites.

broller

Veteran
Daps
It all depends on Embiid's condition. If he plays like shyt, the way he played against Miami, then there is no way Sixers are favorites.

They were favourites based on the betting line. Being the favorite isn't a retroactive thing.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Lol that's insane. Embiid can't move laterally at all.
Sixers are 31-8 with Embiid in the lineup and haven’t lost a game since he returned from injury. If he plays, they usually win so I get why they’d be favored.

It should be an interesting series. Knicks better not drop one of these first two games at home

Last edited:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I don't think the Sixers win this series but I do know one thing for sure and it's that this series is going to be a tight one.

I've seen some Knicks fans shout “NY in 5” but I believe it's going to go 7 or 6 at the very least. Philly and New York are somewhat evenly matched that I don't see this being a quick 4-5 game series.

Ultimately, I see New York advancing to the second round.