9/23 DAZN: Richardson Hitchins vs Jose Zepeda / Jessica McCaskill vs Sandy Ryan (WBA/WBC/WBO Welterweight Titles)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
F3W8Rw6WUAACZWt

The following weekend, a stacked bill takes Matchroom back to Florida and sees World-rated Super-Lightweight Richardson Hitchins takes on Jose Zepeda for the WBC Silver and IBF North American Super-Lightweight titles at the Caribe Royale in Orlando on Saturday September 23.

Hitchins (16-0 7 KOs) shone in his last outing in his home city, putting New Jersey’s John Bauza on the canvas during a shut-out win at Madison Square Garden, and the Brooklyn ace now lurks with intent at #6 with the WBO and #7 with the IBF in the 140lb rankings.

Zepeda (36-3 27 KOs) represents a significant barrier to Hitchins’ plans to move into World title contention though, and the Californian, who has challenged for World titles at both 135 and 140lbs, will be eyeing Hitchins’ lofty standings to reignite his own World championship plans.

“I’m excited to finally be back in action and prove I’m the top dog of the 140lb division,” said Hitchins. “I promise to put on a master class performance on Zepada. This was the guy they were calling one of the top guys in the division, so after this performance this will show I’m ready for anyone.

“We tried waiting for Montana Love, but he found his way out of the fight like I expected his bytch ass would, so it’s on to bigger and better!”

“This is it for me, my last opportunity and a big one,” said Zepeda. “I need to win to stay on track and soon fight for another World title, it's now or never. I want to thank Matchroom very much for this opportunity, my brother Renee and my manager Rick Mirigian for getting this multi-fight deal worked out. I'll be ready come fight night.”

The Welterweight division will move one step closer to crowning an undisputed champion on the night as Jessica McCaskill and Sandy Ryan meet for three of the belts.

WBA and WBC champion McCaskill (12-3 5 KOs) is no stranger to undisputed status, having ripped all the hardware at 147 from long-reigning ruler Cecilia Braekhus in August 2020 and then holding onto the belts in a rematch the following March. The Chicagoan defended the belts twice more against Kandi Wyatt and Alma Ibarra before the lure of becoming undisputed champion at a second weight saw her drop down to 140lbs to take on Chantelle Cameron in Abu Dhabi in November, with the Briton coming out on top on that occasion.

WBO belt holder Ryan (6-1 2 KOs) will look to make it back-to-back losses to Brits for McCaskill, as the Derby talent puts the title she won in her last outing against Marie Pier Houle in Cardiff, Wales in April. Ryan, who holds wins over former World champions Anahi Sanchez and Erica Farias, steps straight into the biggest fight in the division in her first defense and can add two belts to take her collection up to three in just her eighth pro fight.

“Glad to finally get back in the ring, it’s been too long,” said McCaskill. “I’m not going to lie it’s been a bit frustrating but now we are finally here. You know what they say, be careful what you wish for. See you soon Sandy.”

“This fight is everything to me the level of it the best vs. the best in the Welterweight division,” said Ryan. “I respect Jessica massively as a fighter and what she has done in the sport but it’s definitely time for a new era and I believe I am that.

“It’s my biggest fight and it’s going to be in America, a place I’ve wanted to fight in since I turned pro. It’s been a dream of mine so I can’t wait to make my America debut and fight Jessica. AND THE NEW!”

A third fight for the bill in Orlando sees Austin ‘Ammo’ Williams press his claims for World title action at Middleweight as he tackles Steve Rolls.

Williams (14-0 10 KOs) is back in the States having taken out River Wilson-Bent in eight rounds in London in April – his third fight in England – and the Middleweight contender is right on the cusp of landing a World title shot sitting at #2 with the WBA, #10 with the IBF and #11 with the WBC.

Rolls (22-2 12 KOs) will test those ambitions to the fullest though, having shared the ring with Gennadiy Golovkin and Edgar Berlanga in his 24-fight career, and the Canadian will look to get back into contention himself with the WBA International and IBF North American titles on the line.

“I’ve learned the significance of rest and patience since my April victory,” said Williams. “This period of down time has allowed my mind and body the proper space to process all of the many lessons I’ve received in my previous 6 bouts. Tremendous advancement has occurred in all areas of my life. September 23 will be a display of brilliance, dedication, and laser focus. Don’t miss it!

“I’m looking forward to fighting on September 23,” said Rolls. “I know that Ammo is coming to fight, but I’m going to do whatever is necessary to get my hand raised at the end of the night. He has never fought anyone as a pro with my experience, and I think that experience will play a big role in me winning this fight."

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Hitchins vs. Zepeda: Orestes Velazquez, Khalil Coe Added To Card​

khalil-coe_1687750464.jpg

BY RANDOM HITS
Published Mon Aug 21, 2023, 01:31 PM EDT
Orestes Velazquez and Khalil Coe continue their journeys in the pro game with step-up fights on Saturday September 23 at the Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida, live worldwide on DAZN, as they take on Mohamed Soumaoro and Kenmon Evans respectively.
Velazquez (7-0 6 KOs) will defend his WBA International Super-Lightweight title and look to build on his #9 ranking in the WBA in the process. The Cuban amateur standout, who had over 160 fights for the national team before defecting and moving to Florida, is in his fourth straight ten round contest and went the distance for the first time in his last outing, when vastly experienced Argentine Marcelino Lopez extended the 30 year old to the final bell in Las Vegas in March.
Soumaoro (13-1 6 KOs) will be looking to hand a first defeat to Velazquez and take his third ‘0’ in as many fights in Florida. The Canadian-Guinean comes into the bout on the back of impressive upset wins over unbeaten pair Jusiyah Shirley (PTS 6) and Angel Lupercio (TKO 8) in December and March, and the 30 year old will aim to crash into the top ten by completing a hat-trick of big victories.
Coe (6-0-1 4 KOs) continues to rise through the ranks at Light-Heavyweight, and ‘Big Steppa’ will be looking for his own hat-trick as he hunts a third KO win of 2023 in Orlando. The Jersey City man put Buneet Bisla away in the seventh round of his first eight round battle in June on New York, and the 27 year old will meet Evans (10-1-1 3 KOs) over that distance on September 23, with the Florida man looking to bounce back to winning ways.
Velazquez will kick off the main card live on DAZN while Coe will headline the Before the Bell section of the action, and he is joined there by three Floridians looking to make an impact on the big stage, with Super-Welterweight Jeovanny Estella and Super-Flyweight Jasmine Artega tasting action over eight rounds while Bantamweight Roberto Rivera Gomez kicks the whole night off over four rounds, with all three fighters to be matched imminently.
The undercard get to shine on Matchroom’s return to the Sunshine State on a bill topped by World-rated Super-Lightweight Richardson Hitchins taking on Jose Zepeda for the WBC Silver and IBF North American Super-Lightweight titles, on a night promoted in association with Boxlab Promotions.
Hitchins (16-0 7 KOs) shone in his last outing in his home city, putting New Jersey’s John Bauza on the canvas during a shut-out win at Madison Square Garden, and the Brooklyn ace now lurks with intent at #6 with the WBO and #7 with the IBF in the 140lb rankings.
Zepeda (36-3 27 KOs) represents a significant barrier to Hitchins’ plans to move into World title contention though, and the Californian, who has challenged for World titles at both 135 and 140lbs, will be eyeing Hitchins’ lofty standings to reignite his own World championship plans.
The Welterweight division will move one step closer to crowning an undisputed champion on the night as Jessica McCaskill and Sandy Ryan meet for three of the belts.
WBA and WBC champion McCaskill (12-3 5 KOs) is no stranger to undisputed status, having ripped all the hardware at 147 from long-reigning ruler Cecilia Braekhus in August 2020 and then holding onto the belts in a rematch the following March. The Chicagoan defended the belts twice more against Kandi Wyatt and Alma Ibarra before the lure of becoming undisputed champion at a second weight saw her drop down to 140lbs to take on Chantelle Cameron in Abu Dhabi in November, with the Briton coming out on top on that occasion.
WBO belt holder Ryan (6-1 2 KOs) will look to make it back-to-back losses to Brits for McCaskill, as the Derby talent puts the title she won in her last outing against Marie Pier Houle in Cardiff, Wales in April. Ryan, who holds wins over former World champions Anahi Sanchez and Erica Farias, steps straight into the biggest fight in the division in her first defense and can add two belts to take her collection up to three in just her eighth pro fight.
A third fight for the bill in Orlando sees Austin ‘Ammo’ Williams press his claims for World title action at Middleweight as he tackles Steve Rolls.
Williams (14-0 10 KOs) is back in the States having taken out River Wilson-Bent in eight rounds in London in April – his third fight in England – and the Middleweight contender is right on the cusp of landing a World title shot sitting at #2 with the WBA, #10 with the IBF and #11 with the WBC.
Rolls (22-2 12 KOs) will test those ambitions to the fullest though, having shared the ring with Gennadiy Golovkin and Edgar Berlanga in his 24-fight career, and the Canadian will look to get back into contention himself with the WBA International and IBF North American titles on the line.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CONOR BENN RETURNS: BRIT’S COMEBACK CONFIRMED FOR THIS SATURDAY AGAINST RODOLFO OROZCO
The fight, at 154lbs, takes place on the Hitchins-Zepeda undercard in Orlando, Florida – live worldwide on DAZN
Conor Benn will return to the ring this Saturday in Orlando, Florida – live worldwide on DAZN.

Over a year since his last fight, the British fighter (21-0, 14 KOs) will officially resume his career when he faces Mexican Super-Welterweight Rodolfo ‘Sinaloita’ Orozco (32-3-3, 24 KOs) at the Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida as the co-main event on Saturday, September 23.

TICKETS FOR ORLANDO ARE ON SALE NOW AT TICKETMASTER.COM

Orozco is a seasoned campaigner despite his youthful age of 24, having made his professional debut at just 16. Standing at 6ft 1in, hard-hitting Orozco has 24 knockouts on his resumé and won his last two fights with successive stoppages including a fourth-round victory in Mexico City in June over compatriot, Eilan Treja Juarez.

But in Benn, Orozco faces a significant step-up with the Brit determined to put on an impressive performance to make up for lost time.

Benn was provisionally suspended back in April, effective as of March 15, when his fight with Chris Eubank Jr last October was postponed.

’The Destroyer’, however, was subsequently cleared in July by UKAD and the WBC, and his provisional suspension was lifted after an independent National Anti-Doping Panel review.

Matchroom Sport chairman Eddie Hearn said: "Conor Benn is back and I’m looking forward to seeing him pick up where he left off. He’s ready to go straight in for a big fight now but his trainer Tony Sims will be pleased to get him back sooner against a game opponent in Rodolfo Orozco. Conor is looking unbelievable in the gym and I cannot wait to see him back in the ring where he belongs on what is a fantastic fight card in Florida.”

Conor Benn said: “I am undefeated in the ring, and in spirit. A return on Saturday is a step closer to redemption. After that, I’m putting the 147-160 divisions on notice. You are looking at a determined man with a deep desire to beat them all."

Rodolfo Orozco said: "I want to thank Matchroom and BXSTRS for this opportunity. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for. This isn’t short notice for me because I’ve been preparing for this moment my entire life. You’ve made a mistake Conor, and I’ll show you that this Saturday."

In Saturday’s main event, Brooklyn's unbeaten Super-Lightweight sensation Richardson Hitchins (16-0, 7 KOs) and former World title challenger Jose Zepeda (37-3-0, 28 KOs) collide for the WBC Silver, WBO NABO and IBF North American Super-Lightweight titles.

Benn’s fellow Brit, Sandy Ryan (6-1-0, 2 KOs) will bid to become the unified World Welterweight champion when she meets Chicago's Jessica McCaskill (12-3 5 KOs) for the WBO, WBC, WBA, IBO and Ring Magazine belts.

Elsewhere, Austin ‘Ammo’ Williams (14-0, 10 KOs) and Steve Rolls (22-2-0, 12 KOs) go head-to-head with the WBA International and IBF North American Middleweight hardware on the line.

Khalil 'Big Steppa’ Coe (6-0-1, 4 KOs) fights fellow American Light-Heavyweight Kenmon Evans (10-1-1, 3 KOs) and the undefeated Cuban Super-Lightweight Orestes Velazquez (7-0, 6 KOs) squares off with Canada's Mohamed ‘The Black Buffalo’ Soumaoro (13-1-0, 6 KOs).

Super-Welterweight Jeovanny Estella (12-0 3 KOs) and Super-Flyweight Jasmine Artega (10-0-1 5 KOs) tasting action over eight rounds while Bantamweight Roberto Rivera Gomez (3-0 2 KOs) kicks the whole night off over four rounds, with all three fighters to be matched imminently.