9/26 PBC on SHO PPV: Jermell Charlo vs Jeison Rosario / Jermall Charlo vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
upload_2020-8-18_19-38-6.png

upload_2020-8-18_19-38-32.png

Charlo-Derevyanchenko Before Charlo-Rosario 9/26; Six-Fight Show Starts At 7 ET
By Keith Idec

Published On Sat Aug 15, 2020, 10:01 PM EST

Jermell Charlo fought first the last time he and his twin brother boxed on the same night.

It’s Jermall Charlo’s turn this time.

Showtime and Premier Boxing Champions announced during Showtime’s tripleheader Saturday night that Jermall Charlo’s middleweight title fight against Sergiy Derevyanchenko will take place before Jermell Charlo faces Jeison Rosario later the night of September 26 as part of the same pay-per-view show.

Showtime will offer six fights altogether September 26 for one pay-per-view price.

charlo-brothers%20(3).jpg

The three-match segment headlined by Jermall Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs), the WBC middleweight champion, and Derevyanchenko (13-2, 10 KOs) is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. After an intermission that’ll last an undetermined amount of time, another three-bout portion of the program will begin, concluding with Charlo-Rosario (see schedule below).

Jermell Charlo (33-1, 17 KOs) and the Dominican Republic’s Rosario (20-1-1, 14 KOs) will fight for Charlo’s WBC super welterweight title and Rosario’s IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound titles in their championship unification fight.

The September 26 show will take place at a site to be determined. The Charlo-Derevyanchenko/Charlo-Rosario show was expected to take place at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut, but it could be held elsewhere even if fans cannot attend.

The last time the Charlo twins fought on the same card, Jermell Charlo lost a coin flip and boxed before his brother.

Jermell Charlo suffered his only loss that night – a 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Tony Harrison (28-3, 21 KOs) in December 2018 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Jermall Charlo beat Russia’s Matt Korobov (28-3-1, 14 KOs) by unanimous decision in the 12-round main event that night.

FOX televised that card. Jermell Charlo regained his WBC title in another FOX main event almost exactly one year later, when he knocked out Detroit’s Harrison in the 11th round last December 21 at Toyota Arena in Ontario, California.

Below is the breakdown of the two three-fight segments of the Showtime Pay-Per-View card September 26.

At site TBD

7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT

Johnriel Casimero (29-4, 20 KOs), Ormoc City, Philippines vs. Duke Micah (24-0, 19 KOs), Accra, Ghana, 12 rounds, for Casimero’s WBO bantamweight title.

Brandon Figueroa (20-0-1, 15 KOs), Weslaco, Texas vs. Damien Vazquez (15-1-1, 8 KOs), Las Vegas, 12 rounds, for Figueroa’s WBA world super bantamweight title.

Jermall Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs), Houston vs. Sergiy Derevyanchenko, (13-2, 10 KOs), Kiev, Ukraine, 12 rounds, for Charlo’s WBC middleweight title.

Time TBD following intermission

Daniel Roman (27-3-1, 10 KOs), Los Angeles vs. Juan Carlos Payano (21-3, 9 KOs), La Vega, Dominican Republic, 10 or 12 rounds, junior featherweights.

Luis Nery (30-0, 24 KOs), Tijuana, Mexico vs. Aaron Alameda (25-0, 13 KOs), Nogales, Mexico, 12 rounds, for the vacant WBC super bantamweight title.

Jermell Charlo (33-1, 17 KOs), Houston vs. Jeison Rosario (20-1-1, 14 KOs), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 12 rounds, for Charlo’s WBC and Rosario’s IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound titles.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Jermell should beat Rosario imo, Rosario is too open, Charlo will punish him. If Rosario lands first, who knows but I think Charlo puts him away.

Charlo vs Derevyanchenko is more interesting to me, haven't decided who I pick there yet, both have weaknesses that play for the other

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I want both Charlos to lose for the sake of the respective opponents careers. Probably a better chance of that happening with Devy but it would be dope if Rosario can pull the upset

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
Jermell should beat Rosario imo, Rosario is too open, Charlo will punish him. If Rosario lands first, who knows but I think Charlo puts him away.

Charlo vs Derevyanchenko is more interesting to me, haven't decided who I pick there yet, both have weaknesses that play for the other

Big Charlo has trouble with southpaws. He eats orthodox fighters for lunch though. He will take one to smoke you and his chin solid. I like big Charlo

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
my initial opinions on the charlo fights

charlo vs rosario is the most significant one and it should be the main event - its a rare 3 belt unification within PBC...might actually be the first one...and both are coming from significant title winning knockouts in their previous fights...winner is basically top dog at 154 and could be put in line to be undisputed at 154 (if brian castano beats patrick teixeira for his belt).

charlo vs derevyanchenko is a good fight in the sense that charlo is facing somebody on paper that is a challenge which hasnt been the case since he moved to MW. I just dont think it will move the MW division too much unless derevyanchenko wins. Speaking of him, he's also a question mark to me after that fight with GGG. Regardless of who you think won or not, derevyanchenko absorbed a severe beating from GGG and he hasn't fought a tuneup to gauge where he is. He also had some hard fights with Daniel Jacobs and Jack Culcay before GGG So we don't know if the extra "rest" will help him even with no tuneup because I'm sure those 3 fights put some mileage on him.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Big Charlo has trouble with southpaws. He eats orthodox fighters for lunch though. He will take one to smoke you and his chin solid. I like big Charlo
I think it’s more like a style he has problems with, he’s not gonna beat all orthodox fighters forever, Derevyanchenko is his best opponent to date.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
my initial opinions on the charlo fights

charlo vs rosario is the most significant one and it should be the main event - its a rare 3 belt unification within PBC...might actually be the first one...and both are coming from significant title winning knockouts in their previous fights...winner is basically top dog at 154 and could be put in line to be undisputed at 154 (if brian castano beats patrick teixeira for his belt).

charlo vs derevyanchenko is a good fight in the sense that charlo is facing somebody on paper that is a challenge which hasnt been the case since he moved to MW. I just dont think it will move the MW division too much unless derevyanchenko wins. Speaking of him, he's also a question mark to me after that fight with GGG. Regardless of who you think won or not, derevyanchenko absorbed a severe beating from GGG and he hasn't fought a tuneup to gauge where he is. He also had some hard fights with Daniel Jacobs and Jack Culcay before GGG So we don't know if the extra "rest" will help him even with no tuneup because I'm sure those 3 fights put some mileage on him.

Good point, Derevyanchenko took the beating of a lifetime and is 34. Could be the shaping up to be that fight where you go from almost slow and old to legitimately slow and old.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good point, Derevyanchenko took the beating of a lifetime and is 34. Could be the shaping up to be that fight where you go from almost slow and old to legitimately slow and old.

exactly...it is set up for charlo to get his MW "name" and it will either go very right or go very wrong...there is no in between for this