9 y/o committed suicide over allegedly riding with white boy..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was preoccupied with death at that age, but I lived in the hood in Cali in the early 90's at that age and didn't have to watch Boyz 'N The Hood or Menace II Society because it was going on outside my bedroom window. :demonic:But I never contemplated suicide or even truly feared for my own life for that matter because my father was bigger and scarier than all the violence surrounding me to my undeveloped mind. I was more scared of my father beating my ass for not getting my ass in the house after dark then I was scared of that stray bullet coming through the window would actually hit me strange as it may seem.:ld:

But I think social media is particularly evil for some reason. :jbhmm:I don't have an IG and I don't log into Facebook anymore. :hubie:I had several FB pages and killed all of them because the energy there is so overwhelmingly toxic. :picard:Every time I would log on, I would read something extremely negative and toxic from an old friend or acquaintance that would make me feel uneasy. Imagine being a kid growing up with social media. Social media never forgets. That shyt is a recipe for disaster. I'm glad social media didn't take over until I was in my 20's. And even still I made a mess on social media when I used to get drunk and talk hella negative evil intoxicated shyt on there like people you don't even know are listening are listening. For example, people get notifications when you share their videos. No one tells you shyt like that. Social media definitely is a factor in ruining marriages, relationships, friendships, families and definitely fuels depression, addiction and suicide. :mjcry:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Tragic, my kids aren't that much younger.

I think I will have to teach my sons to stand up for themselves, even physically. I am not big on shielding your kids from everything, eventually they go away and become these ultra-sensitive types in conflict that can't stand up for themselves and run from confrontation. I also won't rely on the administration. If there is an issue they need to point out the kids and I will go after the kids and parents directly. Can't trust overworked administrators to put your child first.

No social media before high school too.

litty

Pro
Daps
Poor baby.

Essence needs to follow the new ap guidelines for suicide in articles - they now say 'died of suicide' instead of just straight up 'killed herself'. She deserves dignity now as she did in life.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
200w.gif

Die you piece of shyt. Die

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
About time y'all bushed that yamacka dude. Every other post is a contradiction to something else but pretty much fully lines up with alt right fukkery.

Pretty sure he was going at black parenting with regards to corporal punishment. Strange how his tough love mantra doesn't fit the mold when he can't play the contrarian.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Breh, I just found out about this story.

I went to U.S. Jones when it was a Middle School. Never would have thought this school would have made the news like this.

R.I.P to the beautiful little girl.