• Redeem Team

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
96 dream team had the best group of guys in their prime imo. Pretty sure that's the only team to have every player be an all star during that year

That frontcourt of Shaq, hakeem, Malone, Barkley and Robinson is probably the best group of big men on any team ever. Plus you had Hill and Pippen at the 3

96 team might be the best
They had a nasty frontcourt but I don't they'd play as well in today's basketball. The '92 team could adapt to any era.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I agree with you in that his accolades are well deserved, but nobody is locking up Jordan. Just not like nobody is locking up Kobe.

With that said, I give the edge to Jordan.

Kobe has shown more of a propensity to shoot his teams OUT of games, more than Jordan.

Better shot selection and a more steady mental approach goes to Jordan. I feel 92 Jordan's strength and athleticism also is better than any athletic version of Kobe (and 92 Jordan wasn't even his athletic peak, 87-90 was Jordan's athletic peak).
While I agree with you on some of these points, this is Olympic play so neither is taking more than 10-15 shots in a game.

Locking people up isn't really happening regardless just like you said.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Just saw this topic on Undisputed and of course shannon picked the 2008 team.

I don’t even see how that is possible, most of the players on the 08 team hadn’t even hit their primes yet, wade, lebron, melo were all in their 5th or so season.

2008 team, 4 of the players aren’t making the HOF, prince, redd, deron, boozer, even bosh is borderline but will get in.

92 team 11 of the 12 are HOFers except laettner. The size alone on this squad would give 08 trouble, other than dwight imagine bosh having to guard robinson or ewing.
:gucci: put some respect on Deron Williams' name.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Barkley actually led the Dream Team in scoring not Jordan :hubie:

It’s also one ball them having Ewing and D-Rob is overblown. Dwight is no slouch and they won’t be getting the ball much.

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
They had a nasty frontcourt but I don't they'd play as well in today's basketball. The '92 team could adapt to any era.
I think they could. That frontcourt is killing anyoney they play againt

Pippen and Hill in their prime would fit in great nowadays. Plus Stockton, Payton and 96 Penny at point is insane.

Throw in Mitch and reggie for spacing with that shortened 3 line