9th Wonder Picks Four Classic Hip Hop Albums For Harvard’s Archives

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9th-Wonder.png

Four classic Hip Hop albums will be entering Harvard’s archives, and 9th Wonder is directly responsible for it.

Five years ago, the former Little Brother member became a fellow of the Ivy League institution after screening his film The Wonder Years there.

As part of his responsibilities, 9th will be selecting the 196 rap albums that have had the most impact on the genre. It’s for a project called These are the Breaks, after Kurtis Blow’s 1980 tune “The Breaks.”

Wonder just selected the first four, and they are:

A Tribe Called Quest’s Low End Theory, Nas’ Illmatic, Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly and Lauryn Hill’s The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

You can see a post about the project below.
Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library • Instagram photos and videos

9th Wonder Picks Four Classic Hip Hop Albums For Harvard's Archives - hiphopearly

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
TPAB?

GKMC is much better

GKMC was his breakthrough album...it was the album that gave him a big big name. But of course...this was intentional. The album wreaked super commercial appeal.
Just look at the singles. Dude made a video with Drake...without Drake really in it for Christ sakes lol

GKMC kind of came and went for me. While everyone was praising it as the next Illmatic, I remember telling everyone I was more excited to hear what he had planned next. Cause I knew his next project was going to be MUCH more personal and realer. That's exactly what TPAB is for me. A much more honest, creative, and mature album.

:yeshrug: