A 13 year old Aretha Franklin with Sam Cooke

Daps
Society didn't protect girls like they do now. A 14-year old broad was considered "fair game" to some.

I'm 34 and feel like 18-year olds look too young. Of course girls back then looked older at an earlier age but they still were children. Our society didn't understand that the brain isn't developed fully until your mid-20s.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:hhh::sitdown:
She had her first child at 12 and her second at 14.
that wasn't unusual back then. i knew people who dropped out in 8th grade pregnant.

if you look back in time with modern standards you will be offended by everything that was going on. that's not a cosign just a statement on the reality of things. the older brehs on here have all talked about how we used to see girls in highschool with us dating older men frequently.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Society didn't protect girls like they do now. A 14-year old broad was considered "fair game" to some.

I'm 34 and feel like 18-year olds look too young. Of course girls back then looked older at an earlier age but they still were children. Our society didn't understand that the brain isn't developed fully until your mid-20s.
true to an extent. people were not treated as or considered children like they are now. the whole concept of teenagers is pretty new to humanity actually.

people went to work at 13, 14... were fighting in wars at 16, 17... if society doesn't treat you as a kid you are also forced to mature early so the mentality of a teenager back then would not be the same as today at the same age. different outlook on life and responsibilities.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

Not only that, but this kind of stuff went on forever, and no one told them it was wrong...I’m not sure “pedophile” was an even commonly known word...soon as a girl was ovulating...to a lot of men she was red meat

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
bd4f76cb8ad2782f89ca7d9937e103ed.jpg
:francis::scust::sitdown: not cool.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
that wasn't unusual back then. i knew people who dropped out in 8th grade pregnant.

if you look back in time with modern standards you will be offended by everything that was going on. that's not a cosign just a statement on the reality of things. the older brehs on here have all talked about how we used to see girls in highschool with us dating older men frequently.
The average age of marriage for women was 18-22 in the 1930s. Society might have accepted it but it wasn’t normal.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
J Edgar Hoover had something to do with SAM Cooke's death.

I suspect La Mafia was involved too..they had a part in the music industry payola shyt and Sam wanted black musicians to have more power.

He was KILLED BY GOVERNMENT

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Man where to begin.......

Was sleeping with Sam Cooke's wife, and sam was his BEST FRIEND

Made a hit classic about the shyt years later...

Then like a week or so after Sam was killed, married Sam's wife who he was sleeping with. This made the Cooke family MAD AS fukk, like ready to beat his ass mad.

THEN, once Sam and his now EX wife's daughter Linda was around 17....Bobby nasty ass started fukking HER on the low....

THEN, Linda wound up marrying Bobby's BROTHER once she got a lil older and they became the group womack and womack

Then in 94 they moved to africa and changed names....

Booby in the top ten goat scumbag discussing, with our a doubt.:russ: Love his music tho