Albums A$AP Twelvyy - Noon Yung (2020) (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland

EkU2lgDWAAEeo7Y

few bits about the album from an interview.

A$AP Twelvyy Talks His New Project "Noon Yung" & More..

Thank you! Yeah, the album is finally done. Man . Finally . It’s called Noon Yung and it will be available on all platforms officially 10/16/2020. I’m real excited for this album. I took my time making it. I wanted it to be perfect and I knew I wanted to do it right. It’s my first project since 2017 and so this album – I’m back with a whole new energy. Ya feel me?

I heard you hit a few roadblocks and hurdles along the way while creating Noon Yung. What happened exactly? I heard the story and I have to say it’s pretty crazy.

Oh yeah there were a few roadblocks. (laughs )

What happened was pretty unfortunate but you know, everything happens for a reason. So about 2 days after I finished the album- Noon Yung, somebody went and broke into the studio. They broke in and they took the computer, they stole the hard drive, all the files. Everything . Gone. Man, not only did they take the Noon Yung Album, they went and took ALL the music I was in the middle of working on. You know and the timing man. It was right before the holidays. Right before Christmas to be exact. Here I am hype to put the album out, thinking I’m about to have a crazy Christmas. I’m ready to let the fans and the world to hear what I’ve been sitting on. I’m thinking the album’s done and I’m about to bust a REAL move with this one. Literally, 48 hours after we finished it, the WHOLE ALBUM WAS GONE. That was it. They called me from the studio like “Yoooooo. Someone broke in the studio and they took everything.” I was real upset at the time ya know, but to be honest, as it turns out, it was a real blessing in disguise. I had to start over. And During that process, the process of starting over, it gave me that time to reflect and to work. So now, I came back stronger, more focused, more creative and humbled not just as an artist, but as a human being, a man, a designer and a business man.

Well you know what they say. Timing is everything.

Most definitely! Losing the album and having to start from scratch, ya know, it gave me a lot of clarity. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t happy they stole it but I am happy that I used that time to just tap in , get inspired, be inspired and get better. I will say, the time helped me build character because even though I really wanted to give up, I never did. You feel me? So I agree that timing is really everything. But only if you use your time wisely.

I heard there are some dope features on this project. Can you give us a little peek of who we will hear on the Noon Yung album with you?

For sure A$AP is on there. You know that. Definitely the A$AP family is on it. I got the homie, Conway the Machine on there. Shout out to Conway. He just dropped his album – From King to a God. Actually, his album hit Billboard. That’s BIG. Congratulations to him for that. Conway goes hard. He spits fire. Griselda, all of them go hard. You know what’s crazy? I sent him that record and within 2 days he sent it back. He heard it, he liked it and wasted no time. Him and I killed that record. The song is iconic and legendary. Actually, How can I forget!!! The BIGGEST feature on this whole album is my mother. (laughs) She has a feature for real. I am going to surprise you guys with that one though

You created Noon Yung during the Pandemic AND a Revolution. So, is it safe to say that this album is like a journal of what you went through during that time. You talk about being inspired by the times.

Oh hell yeah. It’s a Memoir of my life and being a part of so many historical events. I was actually there at the protests. I was there with the people, at the protest. You feel me? And to just be there in that time with everyone coming together. It was about people coming together to take a stand. Saying we’re tired of the bullshyt. Tired of the system. Tired of the oppression. You know, that right there- it inspired me. Being a part of history for the change. This Revolution. Of course that inspired my art. The creator in me . The thing about me is this. I’m not the type of guy that gets inspired by being in the club. I’m inspired by everyday people and events. Real life things. Moments of time making history. I have compassion and empathy for people. I like to understand people and get inspired by them and their stories. I’m inspired by that. That type of change. Those things move me. Things that provoke emotion and change.

What’s the cover of the album look like? The art work and the meaning behind it ?

Oh wait till you see the cover. Did you see it yet? Even down to the art work. The photo of me on the cover. It’s timeless and captures time so elegantly. I haven’t released it yet. It’s still a secret but you’ll see it the day the album releases. All of the details are inspired by this time in history.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dad

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
His last album was good. Definitely checking for this joint.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
only listened to once so far but its a good album.
I like that it sounds very different to 12.

he needs to get Ferg, Fivio and French Montana to hop on Harlem River Drive for a video version. song deserves to be heard