A Classic Album With Classic Records That Started A Worldwide Phenomenon But I’ll Be Damned If It Doesn’t Sound SUPER DATED…

Daps
Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Agreed. I doesn't sound as crisp as The Chronic still does, even though it came out the same year as Enter the Wu.

Hopefully we get a remastered version for the 30th anniversary.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Agreed. I doesn't sound as crisp as The Chronic still does, even though it came out the same year as Enter the Wu.

It sounds how it is supposed to sound hahaha. A lot of that NY hip hop at the time sounded that way. Black Moon, Gang Starr, Biggie. Biggie's debut is really like 2 albums. A gritty side of biggie rapping in a high pitched, full of energy cadence and then the laid back style with some songs for the radio. Some of the unpolished songs on that album were done first. Then there is the choice of studios. D&D always had a rugged sound and the engineers used. Bob Power did Tribe albums so it was polished in a big studio. Pete rock and CL recorded in Greene Street studios. Dre has always had access to the best studios or equipment. Whodini had clean sounding records in the early 80s working with Larry Smith on an SSL board haha.

Daps

You're going from a sonic standpoint which I can respect..

I'm talking about the raps & beats. Liquord Swords, Iron Man, OB4CL, WTF etc all sound like guys who had mastered their delivery, cadence & persona. The beats also hold up for the time.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You're going from a sonic standpoint which I can respect..

I'm talking about the raps & beats. Liquord Swords, Iron Man, OB4CL, WTF etc all sound like guys who had mastered their delivery, cadence & persona. The beats also hold up for the time.
36 chambers beats are still fresh. In no way does Cream, Tearz, 7th chamber, or Can it be so simple sound dated. Those songs are better than a lot of their solo songs released later.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I said a while ago that the production on Wu Forever >>>>>>>> 36 Chambers

36 Chambers has their ironic and standard songs as a group, but production wise, Wu Forever is better.

it's the more advanced and polished version of 36 Chambers in terms of production

NikFuq

Rookie
Daps
The clean/edited version of 36 Chambers has a way different and crisper mix. It's worth checking out

JMD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I still think it sounds doper than anything out today…super classic album

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What I have grown to love about alot of Wu members was barely present on 36 Chambers.

Ghostface is a totally different MC. Even Meth grew tremendously, although he stood out from the beginning.

RZAs beats got better after that first record.

All that is natural of course. But I can agree that 36 Chambers was a more primitive version of what Wu grew into.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
It has a early 90s vibe on some songs

But can it be, cream, etc could still come out today

Daps
It sounds like it came out in 1993. I prefer the beats on 36 Chambers to Forever. Still love Forever, of course, the lyrics especially.