Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Backstory- so two of my colleagues at work are having a dispute on the phone over hours. Colleague B wants Colleague A to fix their clock in and out time because apparently it was wrong and Colleague B emailed receipts. Colleague A acknowledges the receipts but does not appreciates Bs tone of voice and tells them to "stand down". That shyt had me like :mjtf:. Colleague B does the opposite and ended up being hung up on. Is telling another Adult/Peer/Colleague to stand down disrespectful?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
depends what tone Colleague B was using. not familiar with the actual expression "Stand down" and what connotation it has but generally, i agree with checking someone on their tone if it's disrespectful.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
I've only heard stand down used by those in the military. What type of manager is colleague A? This type of situation should be escalated to HR.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It's just another word for "chill/relax"

If you were already passionate about whatever it could taken as "u mad?"

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I've only heard stand down used by those in the military. What type of manager is colleague A? This type of situation should be escalated to HR.
They are an Office manager/timekeeper. Bs paycheck came up short because A made a mistake when calling in Bs time. So me listening in, I'm like how is A gonna tell B to stand down when they were wrong to begin with.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Stand down when you're taking food out of my mouth?

Colleague A deserves a serious beating

So I gotta stand down because you're a fukk up

The nerve...

giphy.webp