A Killa Needs Weapons: The Official 2015 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
First let me preface this thread brehs by giving my ultimate gratitude, appreciation and respect for the Gawd @3Rivers . Without him this thread wouldn't be possible, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble #PantherPosse/ #CookOutGang needs to rep this man unconditionally :wow:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11975984/reputation-submit

image.jpg

Now back to the Regular Scheduled Program....... We made history this past season by being the first ever Back To Back Division Champs of the NFC South. And It appears we have the South in an ultimate Cobra Clutch, but there are still obvious needs that have to be addressed. Like the title of our illustrious thread first and foremost Killa Cam Needs some weapons....

5HvF52G.png

There's some nice players that will be available through Free Agency and in the upcoming Draft. And Our GM Gettlemen clearly stated that we won't be shopping at the Dollar Store this offseason...

uM70Ndy.png

Hopefully he can redeem himself for disrespecting our OG Smitty Sr. last year and give Cam some Elite level talent at the WR position.

Besides the receiving corps situation, it is also imperative that we address the OLine and add some fresh legs in the backfield. Our secondary could prolly use one more piece and we have to start thinking about replacing some of the veterans like TD, Harper and D. Will.

And lowkey Panther Nation is slowly growing bigger and better, we are becoming one of the deepest sets on these coli streets.

Here's to another productive Offseason leading into our 2nd straight Division Crown Defending Season.
#PantherPosse:camsalute: #CookOutGang
4HVal4z.png

@Killah Ray @UserNameless @No Sleep @Outlaw @Frank Sabotka @relldaproblem @Chrishaune
@distinguishedNOW @Born2BKing @Bishop_BP_Jakes @young3000 @IGSaint12 @CBSkyline
@Leezy337 @Jparker90 @Millions @Carolina Slim @LexLuthor72 @Mook @Real @42 Monks
@Henry Orbit @BossMobb @Azik @T-K-G @BXKingPin82 @newworldafro @FieldMouse51

Last edited:

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
I know some don't rock with Gettleman but look at your boy's draft last year...
Benjamin - Hit...1000 yard rookie season...Starter.
Ealy - Undecided...got better later in the year...potential Starter
Turner - Hit...Started when he was healthy....Starter
Boston - Hit...Replaced bum ass Decoud and secondary got better...Starter
Benwikere - Hit...Was among highest rated rookie DBs...Starter
Gaffney - Miss

Philly Brown - Hit...Became a key player for offense 2nd half of season.
Andrew Norwell - Hit...Was part of the OL 2nd half turnaround...Starter

Last edited:

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
As far as this year though...same as last year for me... Offensive Line help before anything imo. Hopefully we get a young OT in the 1st round + Sign a veteran. After that get a decent veteran #2 WR with some speed (maybe a Torrey Smith type), hope Hardy beats his case and maybe get him to stay, and add another starting level CB/S and we're good.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I know some don't rock with Gettleman but look at your boy's draft last year...
Benjamin - Hit...1000 yard rookie season...Starter.
Ealy - Undecided...got better later in the year...potential Starter
Turner - Hit...Started when he was healthy....Starter
Boston - Hit...Replaced bum ass Decoud and secondary got better...Starter
Benwikere - Hit...Was among highest rated rookie DBs...Starter
Gaffney - Miss

Philly Brown - Hit...Became a key player for offense 2nd half of season.
Andrew Norwell - Was part of the OL 2nd half turnaround...Starter
Hell let's keep the list going Cam, Star,Luke dude has a system that works :yes:

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia
All praise to Killa, Uncle Luke, TD, Good Guy Greg, and Riverboat for the 2014 season.
Thank you Based Zeit for another stellar thread (rep on the way) and shoutout the rest of the Cookout Gang/Panther Posse.

Gettleman allegedly wont be cheap this offseason. 2015 free agent list is pretty good:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2015-nfl-free-agents-141400044--nfl.html

I think Randall Cobb would be a good fit imo
Crabtree can ball and wants out of SF
Torrey Smith, Maclin, and Nicks are FA's too.

Justin Houston, Suh, and a gang of nikkas may be available on D.

Who do ya'll want/think we can get?

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Who do you all think we should get in the first round? WR? LT? FS/SS?

I was thinking Dorial Green-Beckham 6'6" receiver from Oklahoma.
:leon:new #PantherPosse member???

And yeah I read a draft article today about us taking a risk on him. Only thing is he has off the field issues and red flags AND you know how shaky Richardson is with troubled WRs after Carruth. :sadcam:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I see why you took your time on this @Morose Zeitgeist :salute:

Sports Illustrated article on if the 2014 draft was redone, four of our guys would have went in the 1st round :obama::
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/2014-nfl-draft-redo-derek-carr-odell-beckham-jr-jadeveon-clowney

Potential free agent targets (from the Observer):
Tackles: It’s not the best year to need an offensive tackle. Last year was the season to strike, but the Panthers didn’t have the salary-cap space to go after a top tackle. This year the pickings are slim with Green Bay likely re-signing right tackle Bryan Bulaga in an effort to keep the line in front of Aaron Rodgers in tact. Tennessee’s Michael Roos is coming off a season spent on injured reserve and is considering retirement, so he’s not the choice for the Panthers. Houston’s Derek Newton didn’t have a good season in 2014 and Dallas’ Doug Free is 31 years old. San Diego’s King Dunlap seems to be the best player who could be available in free agency, but he’s coming off a very good season and appears to be a priority for the Chargers.

Receivers: Randall Cobb is the other priority in Green Bay along with Bulaga, so it’s doubtful he’ll hit the market after another solid season. Baltimore’s Torrey Smith could come cheaper after a down 2014, and he has the size and skill to be the No. 2 receiver to complement Kelvin Benjamin. Jacksonville’s Cecil Shorts also had a down year, though he was catching passes from a rookie quarterback. Shorts averaged 17.8 yards per catch in 2012 and was down to 10.5 yards per catch this season. Another bargain-bin player could be Dallas’ Dwayne Harris, who has the speed and versatility for kick and punt returns as well.

Defensive backs: The Panthers might want to slide Bené Benwikere to nickel corner, and that will mean finding a cornerback opposite Josh Norman. They won’t need to go after a big-name corner, but someone like Walter Thurmond coming off an injury with a background in Seattle could be appetizing. Houston’s Kareem Jackson also showed promise in 2014 with three interceptions in 13 games. Carolina likes Tre Boston at free safety, and it likes Roman Harper’s leadership at strong safety. But if the Panthers want to get faster in the backend, a free agent like Nate Allen or Da’Norris Searcy could be in the cards at strong safety as an aging Harper goes into the final year of his contract.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...otential-free.html#.VMsqQfnF9Fw#storylink=cpy

Oh, and this little kid can :camby:
Hustling all these teams for free stuff since he don't wanna be a Rams fan anymore cause Sam Bradford can't stay healthy. Richardson needs to ask for that Luke Kuechly signed helmet back if he ain't riding with the crew: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/articl...11373923372&campaign=social_20150120_39102267