A Look at Colt Cabana's cup of tea in the WWE (2008)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This won't take long since Colt Cabana wasn't even in the WWE all that long in the first place. Just decided to whip this up after Colt Cabana beat James Storm for the NWA National Heavyweight title on Tuesday (it was a pretty good much).

First, let's set the stage. This is WWE 2008. Smackdown was actually good at this time with Morrison, Rey, Taker, Shelton, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, MVP, and some others all putting on good to standout matches. It was like a mini-renaissance for SD coming off a brutal few years after the first major pillaging in the second draft back in 2004. Where does Colt Cabana come in? Well, he debuted as "Scotty Goldman", part of the second "Smackdown Talent Initiative", which was used to introduce different guys over time. Here we have Goldman debuting against Brian Kendrick, in what I think was his best gimmick to date, but he could STAY OFF THE WEED and got his push nuked. Ezekiel Jackson (aka Rycklon Stephens aka Big Ryck on Lucha Underground) is new here as Brian Kendrick's heavy. They were going for an early HBK/Diesel type thing here, but with Kendrick not letting go of weed, they killed that angle after awhile and had Zeke turn on Kendrick for a failed face run. They take Goldman to squash city

After that, he was in a battle royal for a shot at the WWE title, ended up being a scramble match (I remember that being a good match, and it's also notable cause Brian Kendrick was recognized as a WWE champ for a little bit during that). This is only half of the battle royal. It's in German, and Goldman had already been eliminated.

Here's him getting squashed by Khali then disappearing for a couple months

He returned with some WWE .com special that I think only lasted maybe 2 episodes at best

And here's Goldman's last WWE match, him getting mauled by Umaga. This was also the same day he was released :mjlol:a note here, if you notice the cheers for Umaga, I think this is when he was a face for a hot second. At this point, they even had Umaga talking normal instead of just yelling or speaking in his native language.

So there you have it, Scotty Goldman's terribly uneventful tenure in the WWE. I've never really been a fan of his. I only liked when he was using that "Matt Classic" gimmick where he was wrestling as an old school wrestler in the middle of a lot of guys wrestling the high flying and hardcore styles, which is basically something Steve Corino did before him. He's always had personality, I've just never cared much, but I will say though I feel like his booking in WWE had to do with being one of CM Punk's homies at the time. Felt like it was a message to Punk, even though Punk hadn't been in the WWE all that long before Cabana came in.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
WWE has had offensive ethnic stereotype stables for Latinos, black folks, and Asians. If Cabana got together with Raven and Goldberg, I think he could get over as the leader of the Kosher Kabal.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
And here's Goldman's last WWE match, him getting mauled by Umaga. This was also the same day he was released :mjlol:a note here, if you notice the cheers for Umaga, I think this is when he was a face for a hot second. At this point, they even had Umaga talking normal instead of just yelling or speaking in his native language.

:dead: I remember those days. Someone would get squashed on Smackdown and then within 24 hours of the episode ending, they'd announce their release. WWE used to be ruthless with the deavors.