A Question for #AAGang

Do you identify yourself more African or American?

• African

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • American

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Not a bait thread. Just wanna know which you identify with more. :yeshrug:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
American...how can I be an African if I don't got family in Africa, never been to Africa, don't have any deep knowledge about the cultural and politics, societal norms and history of Africa, and don't know any African language.

Calling myself an African would be like calling a dog a wolf...cause dogs descend from wolves...

I am an American in every sense of the word...

Geode

All Star
Daps
American. I consider my culture is based on how we have been able to adapt and survive with our African heritage here. There's a lot of American culture that wouldn't be here if it weren't for blacks. Plus I'm sure my folks have been here since at least 1850. I wouldnt know for sure :stopitslime:That's longer than a lot of other "americans".

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I consider America my homeland. Most of us will never leave America, if that answers your question.

America does not equal the USA government, just the land itself.

Doesn't mean my blackness and africaness does not bind me to the diaspora or that we cannot build.

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
I’m black before anything else...:yeshrug:black people are world travelers who most likely originated in Africa and Asia

Me personally I have no idea where my lineage of ancestors are from and that fukkin sucks...however I feel more comfortable identifying with a place that most of the people who look like me come from :ld:

So with all that being said I’m black first and African second an American third but overall I’m still ugly

#uglygang:to: