A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Age of Heroes pilot officially ordered by HBO!!!!!

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Literally my biggest wish.....history and lore.....oh please oh please

I'm sure GRRM would have his fingers deep in this one:lupe:

GRRM came up with the story for the series with Goldman (the showrunner). So he's heavily involved.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
GRRM came up with the story for the series with Goldman (the showrunner). So he's heavily involved.
:francis:

This show got green lit in large part because Martin was heavily involved in the pitch. He must have written quite a bit that fleshes out the potential characters involved (Bran The Builder, Lann The Clever, etc).

We all know the myths are bs, meaning these characters were more likely similar to the characters in ASOIAF. People who did great (or terrible) things and the legend became inflated over the years. You can already see how that happens in the books. Think about the legends people tell about Robb in the north, or the shyt people will say when Jon rises from the dead. Or how people believe Renly defeated Stannis at the battle of the Blackwater.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Yeah, something needs to give. I didn’t think GRRM was a slave to the money, I thought he really did love the series he created, but the lack of TWOW has him looking funny in the light, imo. I am losing interest, not listening to the pods anymore, not listening to rereads anymore, and I was obsessed. It’s kind of disappointing. Stannis is the one true king though, FTP

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, something needs to give. I didn’t think GRRM was a slave to the money, I thought he really did love the series he created, but the lack of TWOW has him looking funny in the light, imo. I am losing interest, not listening to the pods anymore, not listening to rereads anymore, and I was obsessed. It’s kind of disappointing. Stannis is the one true king though, FTP
I think he reads his Twitter and email and the hate mail has gotten to him. He is an old man so he just giving a fukk you to the kids. I think he should do what star wars and star trek did and just have other people write stories in that world and he oversees it.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Age of Heroes pilot officially ordered by HBO!!!!!

Literally my biggest wish.....history and lore.....oh please oh please

I'm sure GRRM would have his fingers deep in this one:lupe:
The Age of Heroes was an era during the history of Westeros which takes its name from the great men and women who lived in the years of peace that followed the forging of the Pact between the First Men and the children of the forest.

:snooze:
plus no Targs. Just give me Blackfyre stories or Aegon.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall want these trash ass stories instead of the good shyt:scust:

Aegon???:scust:

Roberts Rebellion? We know the entire story already damn near

Dunk and Egg? Yes, but this requires GRRM direct writing to work so no thanks

Age of Heroes is literally the best and most intriguing one to pick