#AA Call To Action: 2020 Census To Keep Racial, Ethnic Categories Used In 2010

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Jamaicans are the pluarity of West Indians in America dummy.
I am expecting a change. Don't get in your feelings :hhh:
The gap has been narrowing for years but there hasn't been any verifiable numbers, just guesstimations. Now there is going be real numbers. Sheesh :beli:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
After looking at it there is no functional difference.:jbhmm:

There is a write-in section already on the pre-existing form. If you want to "check african-american"(or annything else) then just write it in. The 6 lil inadequate check boxes are pointless.:yeshrug:
You can still derive the same data via write in.:ehh:

Note: There is a reason that demographic data aleady exist on different groups of "African Americans" in the U.S.
This is true.
A lot of people where getting in a hoopla but truth is the GOvernment already keeps track of different groups. They know who are descendants of immigrants and who isn’t.
They already group people together e.i. Virgin Islanders.
I had a conversation with a Virgin Islander about this and upon research they are grouped with other West Indian Immigrants despite them already being citizens.

kayslay

Daps
Finally!!!
#HaitianGang should have a strong showing. I am expecting us to be the plurality-majority of West-Indian Blacks :myman:
That’s great!
Hopefully this is a step into Haitians getting the respect and recognition they deserve.
Funny enough as big as the Haitian numbers are I’ve never actually met one. Are y’all all on the Eastcoast?

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
That’s great!
Hopefully this is a step into Haitians getting the respect and recognition they deserve.
Funny enough as big as the Haitian numbers are I’ve never actually met one. Are y’all all on the Eastcoast?

Yes, Haitians are predominately on the east coast. We're mainly in metro areas, anywhere there is a sizeable black population on the east coast, there is a Haitian community. Florida (Miami-Broward county got 300k+, Orlando, Jacksonville), Georgia (Atlanta metro, Augusta, Savannah, Macon), DMV, Philly, Boston (they're the most :mjpls: though), NY, NJ, etc. I think there is less than 8k Haitians on the west coast. Which is understandable, I can never live in a city that is less than 10% black. I've been blessed to live in cities 50%+ black. :blessed:

Do you live out in the west coast?

kayslay

Daps
Yes, Haitians are predominately on the east coast. We're mainly in metro areas, anywhere there is a sizeable black population on the east coast, there is a Haitian community. Florida (Miami-Broward county got 300k+, Orlando, Jacksonville), Georgia (Atlanta metro, Augusta, Savannah, Macon), DMV, Philly, Boston (they're the most :mjpls: though), NY, NJ, etc. I think there is less than 8k Haitians on the west coast. Which is understandable, I can never live in a city that is less than 10% black. I've been blessed to live in cities 50%+ black. :blessed:

Do you live out in the west coast?
MidWest.
I always thought it was crazy I’ve never met one seeing as my City was founded by a Haitian man. Lol

Yes I can’t see my self ever living in a place where Black people don’t have deep numbers.
Especially not the west coast. Heard too many stories about the fukkery Black have to deal with on that side of the country.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

It seems like this guy is from the Heritage Foundation and a conservative...and is some ..."We are all the same shyt..."

USA is very different from France...I know France doesn't take racial or any demographic data that marks an identity....
..)

The problem is that “Hispanic, Latino, and Spanish” are all words used to describe the European Conquerors’ heritage not the conquered people. For instance, African people are not Latino and neither are the Natives of North, Central, and South America so why should they identify with that just because they speak Spanish? A Black person in Puerto Rico is just as Black as a Black American so why call them Spanish or Latin? It makes as much sense as calling a Black American English or Anglo.

At the end of the day... Latin people are White people from modern day Italy...Julius Caesar was a Latin man for perspective. Spanish people are from the Iberian peninsula and are White too.