Ab-Soul Promises ‘Long Term 3’ is “Coming,” ‘Long Term 4’ Will Be “Final Album”

IronFist

🎯 𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓽 🎯
Supporter
Daps
absoul-longterm-series-info.jpg

Ab-Soul has yet to release his new album, but that hasn't stopped the TDE emcee from teasing two future projects.

While being interviewed by Elliott Wilson and Brian "B. Dot" Miller for the latest episode of the Rap Radar Podcast, Soulo was asked about the future of his Longterm series.

"'Longterm 3' is coming. There is four installments. Four chapters, feel me? 'Longterm 4' is going to be my last album. It's all planned."

Anyone who has followed Ab-Soul's career over the past eight years is most likely familiar with his Longterm series, which began in 2009 with the Longterm mixtape, followed by theDJBooth-hosted Longterm 2: Lifestyles of the Broke and Almost Famous in 2010, and finally, in 2011, his studio debut, Longterm Mentality.

Later in the interview, though, Soulo explained why the third official volume in the series hasn't yet been released—Longterm Mentality doesn't count—and why it didn't manifest itself in the form of his studio debut.

"When 'Longterm Mentality' came out, that was the first album that I sold. There wasn't time for 'Longterm 3' because 'Longterm 3' would ultimately have to be 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.'"

Ab-Soul originally had no intention of titling his debut album Longterm-anything, but TDECEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith suggested using the word for branding purposes. "He said, 'I don't care if you call it 'Longterm Dogshyt,'" joked Ab.

Considering all of the stress and aggravation that the Carson, California native experienced leading up to Friday's release of Do What Thou Wilt., an album the artist revealed was done "three or four times" but delayed due to scheduling conflicts, his willingness to openly discuss future project releases is equal parts amusing and maddening.

Knowing how much die-hard fans are looking forward to future series releases, however, credit Wilson and Miller for asking the right questions.

Ab-Soul Promises ‘Long Term 3’ is “Coming,” ‘Long Term 4’ Will Be “Final Album” - DJBooth Article

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
i really think breh is just pulling our leg with "my last album" angle.

if hes gonna do a career change maybe he's serious, but otherwise i would presume he keeps making music if he has the platform and ability to, right? will he eventually go blind from his eye thing hes got going on?
that sucks

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I could see him retiring. He's not getting any bigger, end TDE really just has Kendrick now, even schoolboy q "came and went" this time if we're talking mainstream