About time!!! Western Digital sells SSDs

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Western Digital has launched a new range of consumer-focused solid state drives after several years spent banking on spinning-disk storage. The WD Blue and WD Green lines are SATA SSDs that you can slip into a laptop to get faster, more efficient performance than a hard drive.

The products come five months after Western Digital closed its acquisition of SanDisk, and are similar to prior models from the flash storage company. While Western Digital will of course continue to sell traditional hard drives like the new hyper-colorful My Passport range, the move into consumer SSDs signifies that the company wants a broader and more modern product offering.

The Blue SSDs come in 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities priced from $79 to $299; they’re available now to "select customers." The entry-level Green range has 120GB and 240GB variants, but there’s no pricing information yet as they won’t be released til later in the year.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?ca...-digital-blue-green-ssds-announced#pt0-368426

The Gawd!!!!

:blessed:

@Ciggavelli

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
It was smart of them to acquire sandisk, but nobody is fukking with samsung or micron on flash storage. They better start innovating quick because more and more people are transitioning from mechanical to flash. We are already pass SATA whereas M.2 and U.2 are the future.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
WD got too much sh*t on they name to really trust an SSD from them.

Samsung is the king of this SSD wave at the moment.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not hard to understand what I was saying. The drives are literally made and advertised for storage rather than all day usage like running an OS.
I know, it was just funny how you worded it. and storing data without failing seems like the minimum expectation of any HDD

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I know, it was just funny how you worded it. and storing data without failing seems like the minimum expectation of any HDD

NOm3_f-maxage-0.gif