Accepted to 122 colleges with $5.3 million in scholarships. His choice came down to music

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Yeah there is, if you’re good, know how to hustle a little bit, can build relationships and you take advantage of social media/the internet. I know a ton of musicians who do well with music. A few have made millions.

He's chosen an unconventional career that is dependant of whether the general public likes you or not..we always complain about how the truly great willm never get shine in this era of music, so its a bad choice he has made.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I don't understand why people are doing shyt like this now. Just to go viral? Have they reduced rhe fees associated with applying to colleges and you don't need to fill out a long ass form and write an essay?

Pick a couple schools you interested in and a couple safety schools. Not 100+. If you have the requirements to be accepted into Berkley why the fukk are you applying to Boise State, Arizona State, Savanah State, Montana State, etc......

Everyone at Berkeley could pull that off if they felt like wasting time.

I have heard of sites that allow you to apply to schools in large batches.... but this is wildly excessive for someone who's not an elite HS prospect to play sports.

It does make for a good story when you overlook that "small" detail.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
young man is smart enough to do whatever he wants to do.

if music doesnt work out, he has the intellect to do something else

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
He wants to be a pop star

Not Berry Gordy,not Russell Simmons behind the scenes…

Dude already 18 and hasn’t even made a song with all the technology that’s out here now and he doesn’t have the look/swag to be a star…

Pursue your passion on the side

The prospect of musical fame and stardom is delaying and derailing too many Black lives..its actually quite sad and pathetic..The problem isnt nearly addressed enough. I get that Black folks are musical, but this is too much.

Today we still have brehs in their late 20s, 30s and 40s thinking theyre going to make it as rappers.
They been chasing the same dream for 20 years now to no end..We all know them, and its hard to get them to focus on anything else professional but they dont seem to grasp that theyre chasing a pipe dream. :snoop:

Daps
I don't understand why people are doing shyt like this now. Just to go viral? Have they reduced rhe fees associated with applying to colleges and you don't need to fill out a long ass form and write an essay?

Pick a couple schools you interested in and a couple safety schools. Not 100+. If you have the requirements to be accepted into Berkley why the fukk are you applying to Boise State, Arizona State, Savanah State, Montana State, etc......

Yes, many schools will take the same application, I think it’s called the ‘common application’. I believe there’s some finite number that you can apply to for free then may need to pay a fee for more.

The main reason people apply to many schools even if they know (believe) they can get into better ones is because they want to see the scholarship/aid packages each school will offer.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

No they most definitely have not reduced the fees, they’re outrageous

They probably waived them because he’s one of Biden’s boys.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
No they most definitely have not reduced the fees, they’re outrageous

They probably waived them because he’s one of Biden’s boys.

How is he Biden's boy?
He cannot vote and carries zero power..

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
How is he Biden's boy?
He cannot vote and carries zero power..
For now.

They will groom him for their specific purposes as his skill level and level of lack of morality reveal themselves.

All tethers have been imported strictly as insurance for when us native negroes wake up and rejoin the Republic.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
He doesn't want to just be a musician, he wants to be a POP STAR.

I can't recall what colleges any true pop stars went to:

Prince, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Usher, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Drake, Ricky Martin, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Sonny & Cher, Bobby Brown, Milli Vanilli, Rick Astley, and so on and so on

boy has the grades but not the wisdom to realize how foolish it is.
He could probably have a career as a producer, writer, background vocalist, instrumentalist, mixer, etc. It's a lot of positions in the music field that aren't front facing that are typically filled by people who went to college. Or he could work in the record industry, he says he wants to do something related to music. He doesn't have to be a musician at all.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He doesn't want to just be a musician, he wants to be a POP STAR.

I can't recall what colleges any true pop stars went to:

Prince, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Usher, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Drake, Ricky Martin, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Sonny & Cher, Bobby Brown, Milli Vanilli, Rick Astley, and so on and so on

boy has the grades but not the wisdom to realize how foolish it is.

Yep. Most pop stars were already in the industry with deals well before they turned 18. They also normally have connections to the industry through parents or relatives that are musicians or come from old money.

Nothing wrong with having dreams but kid needs a reality checkhe dont even have the look to be honest.