According to Rollingstone, Madonna is a better songwriter than Marvin Gaye and Isaac Hayes.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
when an old head wants to school you on something before your time, or a friend wants to put you on to some new shyt, do they bring you an article or bring you the music? these articles serve a similar purpose (in addition to being conversation starters), but at the end of the day i don't think the exclusion of any one person makes their music less accessible. it just shows the biases of the writer, for better or worse.

that said, when we give credence to these lists, we give credence to their meaningfulness. why give them that power? this is the same publication who's founder came under fire for comments about black + female rock stars. the same publication that was being criticized for it's blatant lack of inclusion going all the way back to the 70's.

i would be more upset if a publication, whose music POV i valued, omitted marvin gaye. but i dont personally give a fukk what rolling stone thinks about music.

i would be lying if i said i never checked the mag. overall though? fukk 'em. :yeshrug:
I get your point. Same way people say 'grammy award winning artist'