Adam Toledo(13 y.o) shot by police with his hands up

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
cop was just lookin to shoot somebody.
kid turned around with his hands up and was literally facing the cop with both hands up and got shot.
fukk outta here

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

-I'm not gonna write a long ass paragraph about my circle at that age, you're not no little ass kid. 13 is old enough to know what you're doing, especially if you're in the streets. None of us was getting any passes for shyt we did.

-I'm not letting my dislike of police get me in my feelings either. This isn't a cop killing an innocent kid for no reason scenario like others are. The cop couldn't see him toss away the gun.
reported

victim blaming. an unarmed kid was murdered

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
If a police officer is that scared by a 13 year old merely turning around quickly with their hands raised (after being ordered to) they probably shouldn't be a cop, or they shouldn't have a gun. If the kid really wanted to shoot the cop, he could've done it while the cop was running down the alley after him.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State

-I'm not gonna write a long ass paragraph about my circle at that age, you're not no little ass kid. 13 is old enough to know what you're doing, especially if you're in the streets. None of us was getting any passes for shyt we did.

-I'm not letting my dislike of police get me in my feelings either. This isn't a cop killing an innocent kid for no reason scenario like others are. The cop couldn't see him toss away the gun.

I'm sad that a 13yo kid died. I have empathy for the family.

However, I wish we all could take 50 steps back and dig into all the reasons this child was even out at that time in the first place.

If we can figure that shyt out we could prevent stuff like this happening in the future to another child.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Few thoughts after watching the video

1. I understand why the cop was antsy and unsettled a shooting just took place.

2. The cop showed some remorse, that also is like an admission of misconduct

3. But , this is exactly what police are trained to respond to. Regular civilians can't attempt to place their personal feelings in what paid trained police should be doing. We as civilians would probably have shot just as quick. Police go to police academies and go through all kinds of psychological training so this doesn't happen. They get the training courses that is supposed to condition officers to recognize when its a gun being pointed or not. This has to be factored in considering our tax dollars not only pay police salaries but it pays for police training as well.

So the cop needs to take some responsibility irregardless of the circumstances. You are trained not to shoot when it's an unarmed citizen. Trying to get us to understand how the cop should have reacted based on being regular civilians is not relevant here he is a cop and is supposed to act accordingly.

Now with that said, I have to admit this isn't a case I can get behind to be protesting and outraged because from a activist standpoint the kid was just involved in a shooting. I sometimes get out there and protest especially when it's in my city but I won't be joining this one.

Good points..

The family basically needs to settle with the city and keep it moving..

But the Mexicans in Chicago is savy.. This protest isn't about the boy. Its about changing the political environment towards their community.. Same things black people do.. No matter what anyone does.. If they can use it as a political moves, accountability has to take a backseat..

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Few thoughts after watching the video

1. I understand why the cop was antsy and unsettled a shooting just took place.

2. The cop showed some remorse, that also is like an admission of misconduct

3. But , this is exactly what police are trained to respond to. Regular civilians can't attempt to place their personal feelings in what paid trained police should be doing. We as civilians would probably have shot just as quick. Police go to police academies and go through all kinds of psychological training so this doesn't happen. They get the training courses that is supposed to condition officers to recognize when its a gun being pointed or not. This has to be factored in considering our tax dollars not only pay police salaries but it pays for police training as well.

So the cop needs to take some responsibility irregardless of the circumstances. You are trained not to shoot when it's an unarmed citizen. Trying to get us to understand how the cop should have reacted based on being regular civilians is not relevant here he is a cop and is supposed to act accordingly.

Now with that said, I have to admit this isn't a case I can get behind to be protesting and outraged because from a activist standpoint the kid was just involved in a shooting. I sometimes get out there and protest especially when it's in my city but I won't be joining this one.

This^ is all that needs to be said.

None of that "he got murdered!" "it's the cop's fault!" emotionally charged, low brain development ass thinking.

Adam intentionally f*cked up(out shooting 2am then running while armed), while the cop made a mistake in between the hairs of a split second in which a decision was required. No, he is not to be crucified for that, and if you think he should be then you probably have the reasoning capacity of an elementary school child, and I'd suggest that you grow tf up asap.

End of f*cking story.