ADOS movement scores a victory in California

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Y'all gotta stop claiming everything as "ADOS". Yvette Carnell and Tone Talks don't have shyt to do with this :comeon: That shyt honestly ain't cool for the people who actually put in the work and don't even affiliate with them. Them muhfukkas just talked on YouTube so it's "ADOS" :smh:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Y'all gotta stop claiming everything as "ADOS". Yvette Carnell and Tone Talks don't have shyt to do with this :comeon: That shyt honestly ain't cool for the people who actually put in the work and don't even affiliate with them. Them muhfukkas just talked on YouTube so it's "ADOS" :smh:
Why does this matter so much to you? Who did you hear hammering these points home as loudly as Yvette and Tone before them?

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
So wait

When you fill out official forms in the US there’s just one box for ‘Black’? They haven’t differentiated up to now?

:dwillhuh:
African American is used for every black person here. Now, you can go and choose a different ethnicity, but the only choices you have are “Latino” or “Non-Latino” lol

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
So wait

When you fill out official forms in the US there’s just one box for ‘Black’? They haven’t differentiated up to now?

FT_20.02.18_CensusInteractive_question.png

:unimpressed:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Why does this matter so much to you? Who did you hear hammering these points home as loudly as Yvette and Tone before them?
If you want stuff like this to continue then the people who actually advocated and lawmakers that backed them are key. These are things their building they're political (not talking points) career on.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
So wait

That’s crazy to me. Here in Uk, you get black British, black African, black Caribbean, black Others on forms.
African American is used for every black person here. Now, you can go and choose a different ethnicity, but the only choices you have are “Latino” or “Non-Latino” lol
On the most recent census, you can delineate your ethnicity/heritage/nationality background.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Credit should go where it's due
I will say that I do think there is just as much (if not more) value in giving credit to the idea source as that leads us to the original ideas. Lawmakers and politicians can definitely completely water down and manipulate the ideas to next to nothing and have the average person accept it, think they did something and then shame you for expecting something more aligned with the original idea and critiquing the lawmakers and politicians for neutering the policy.

All because some people have personal issues with the original messengers so we eventually lose track and let career politicians take over and manipulate the message to be what they want it to be rather than what it is.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I will say that I do think there is just as much (if not more) value in giving credit to the idea source as that leads us to the original ideas. Lawmakers and politicians can definitely completely water down and manipulate the ideas to next to nothing and have the average person accept it, think they did something and then shame you for expecting something more aligned with the original idea and critiquing the lawmakers and politicians for neutering the policy.

All because some people have personal issues with the original messengers so we eventually lose track and let career politicians take over and manipulate the message to be what they want it to be rather than what it is.
Not for this particular context if they weren't involved

coldcall

All Star
Daps
This is a major victory for all black people including immigrants. I hope its adopted by all 50 states. We need to see specific data on education, crime, employment rate, business ownership, household, sexual orientation, political party and anything else you can think of.

:blessed: