ADOS who argue down reparations

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
We see the fake new pan africanists but watch out for liberal bougie negros using the self-identifying nature of ADOS as a way to argue against reparations

If you wondered why it took us so long to get to this point, you can thank negros like this. If you're wondering why the hell older black "leaders" are worried about everyone else and not their own people, it's probably because they felt like this.

Against Reparations Article from 2001. Basically arguing against and smearing Randall Robinson's The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks book.

Although Randall had a pan African and america separating view(which most of us probably did until we became more aware) this shuffler used the argument of us being Americans to downplay every need for reparations.
Randall was calling for compensation for Africa and the Caribbean, but he was still asking for specific redress for black americans.

Even as the writer of this article tries to instill Black American pride, he still represents a big problem for ADOS and gives credence the non-ados arguments. This idea that America is fine and tried to help us but we're just lazy and not ALL of us are broke. And then attributing all inclusive policies as "reparations" and that everyone else was able to take advantage of them but we just squandered them.

Which brings us to the money. There are many obvious retorts to the notion of reparations as a practical matter. They include: that many whites in America today arrived after Emancipation; that many whites owned no slaves; that racial mixture would render the very question of who qualifies as a “black” person tricky at best and arbitrary at worst. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of taking money meant for someone I never knew. I feel “black American,” but I do not feel African, and I certainly do not feel that I am just a few steps past being a white person’s property. My connection to my ancestors six generations back, about whom I know nothing, feels more academic than spiritual; and I would feel the same way if my ancestors were wealthy white barons. So I for one could not take the money.
See any familiar arguments there? Seriously, all throughout this and his other articles are the same shyt you see today?

"how do we know who's black?"
"yall want a check?"
"they dont want us to have reparations"
"that aint gon fix us. we just gonna fukk it up"

It is now plain that this policy was not successful in pulling significant numbers of blacks out of poverty. But still America has not given up on the effort: today welfare programs are being recast as temporary stopgaps, with welfare mothers being trained for work. The governor whose version of this program was the most successful is now the head of the Department of Health and Human Services. Time will tell how successful this revision of welfare will be, but the signs are good as I write, and the advocates of reparations have yet to propose any more realistic solution. The funds and the efforts devoted to welfare-to-work, then, represent a concrete acknowledgment of the effects of “structural” poverty. A society with no commitment to addressing the injustices of the past would restrict welfare payments to the temporarily unfortunate, 1930s-style. It would have no welfare-to-work programs aimed at poor blacks.
And there is also the policy of affirmative action--a reparative policy if ever there was one, designed to address the injustices of the past. Chrisman and Allen snap that “so-called `racial preferences’ come not from benevolence but from lawsuits by blacks against white businesses, government agencies, and municipalities, which practice discrimination.” This is nonsense. Lyndon Johnson was a white man the last time I checked, and it was he who entered into the history books the famous remark that “you do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line in a race and then say, `you are free to compete with all the others,’ and still justly believe that you have been completely fair.” Affirmative action was initiated as a call to recruit and to hire and to admit qualified blacks. It quickly transmogrified into quota systems, with lesser-qualified blacks often given positions and slots over better-qualified whites--but then we cannot help but suspect that many reparations advocates would laud these preferments as their just deserts.
Yikes/ Welfare and affirmative action.

Los Angeles Times - Page unavailable in your region

Seriously, how do you stand on this idea that black americans need to identify with America but argue against redress for specific past wrongs and systemic inequality and hold "rising tide" policies as reparations?

Dude just seems to be an all around biscuit eating fukknikka though. All he seems to do is downtalk racism.

He's starting to talk about it again

No Consensus on Need or Possible Results of Reparations - NYTimes.com

o look the "im not against reparations BUT..." stance

https://player.fm/series/on-point-1...020-presidential-candidates-address-the-issue

He talks about how old the reparations conversation is and that the notion was "defeated". He sounds giddy about it, as if all that shyt he talked about as "reparations" helped nothing and we are now approaching being a permanent underclass.

But he's right, this is an old conversation and nikkas like him are why it hasn't gotten anywhere. Non-ADOS blacks against us are a problem, but we also have to get ados like this out of the paint.

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
It be your own people, but like you said, they’ll be cheering on those from Africa and the Caribbean to get reparations.

Ppl like this upset me more than anyone else can, and it’s been ppl like this who have hurt us in the past.

We’re only right wing against our own, as I notice it on this board. When around white folks, certain Ados get liberal as hell, but then when we’re brought up, we get all conservative.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve seen the Curtis Sc00n character speak down on it calling it cointelpro. Wonder if his documentary he’s trying to sell is cointelpro then.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
John McWhroter is a linguistics professor who made a career out of being a Black centrist and the go to liberal that White conservatives use to play the "this is a sensible Black man" game.

He has a podcast with Glenn Loury, a profeaapr of economics and another Black man who made a career out of being a centrist.

We have an intellectual problem in our population.

We got these Pan-Africanists and Afrocentricists that like to make these pledges to Africanness. Then we have these liberals and centrists who will either combine the one drop rule with liberalism and create this bland Black Americanness or just readily identify with America and embrace a civic nationalism that erases race, ethnicity, sexuality and gender and puts this white washed America in its place.

We are fighting an ethnic and nationalism battle that puts the USA and our kind in a more realistic view.

We aren't African, we aren't just American, we are DOS and the USA was a slave society and we need the country that we built, build us.

Pan-Africanists and liberals gotta go.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
That dude sounds like what you would call a pan africanist in name only. Being pan african and advocating for reparations for ADOS aren't mutually exclusive.

On the same coin, disagreeing with #ADOS (emphasis on the hashtag) and disapproving of reparations aren't one in the same. #ADOS does not hold exclusive rights to the battle for reparations. In fact, it's only the most recent incarnation. We've seen its leaders discount those who've put blood, sweat, tears, time, and money into the fight and it's never questioned whether or not they're actually for it. Only pan africanists are conflated this way-- by #ADOS-- and we're on the receiving end of assault.

I asked this in another thread, can somebody tell me exactly what pan africanists DID for this aggression? Cuz we were minding our business around this same time last year when Yvette and Tone blindsided us-- but somehow #ADOS is the victim. I didn't get an answer before so I'd genuinely appreciate it now.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
That dude sounds like what you would call a pan africanist in name only. Being pan african and advocating for reparations for ADOS aren't mutually exclusive.

On the same coin, disagreeing with #ADOS (emphasis on the hashtag) and disapproving of reparations aren't one in the same. #ADOS does not hold exclusive rights to the battle for reparations. In fact, it's only the most recent incarnation. We've seen its leaders discount those who've put blood, sweat, tears, time, and money into the fight and it's never questioned whether or not they're actually for it. Only pan africanists are conflated this way-- by #ADOS-- and we're on the receiving end of assault.

I asked this in another thread, can somebody tell me exactly what pan africanists DID for this aggression? Cuz we were minding our business around this same time last year when Yvette and Tone blindsided us-- but somehow #ADOS is the victim. I didn't get an answer before so I'd genuinely appreciate it now.

Because Diasporan Pan-Africanists and those with Diasporan Pan-Africanist sentiments who jumped the gun to defend immigrants have said that ADOS was being divisive for advocating for reparations just for them and making a clear distinction between ADOS and the rest of the diaspora and ADOS movement members were called Trump supporters and a Russian operation.

Also prominent Pan-Africanists like Jared Ball had to jump in with his Pan-Africanists friends and trying to organize a resistance or a co-option of the ADOS Reparations movement. Diasporan Pan-Africanism is being used in prominent media as a counter to the ADOS movement. So now Pan-Africanism as a whole will be discredited because it's being used as some sort of security blanket.

Ultimately, ADOS movement is attacking and trying to eliminate any notion of Diasporan Pan-Africanism in the USA. It's an ideological threat to the reparations movement because we are trying to be looked at as a sort of indigenous American and not an African or simply another Black person in America. What happened to ADOS people is like what if Native Americans were called Asian Americans because they have Asian DNA. ADOS movement is trying to eliminate race based politics in favor of lineage based politics. We aren't identifying as a race anymore, we are identifying as a lineage. Our origin doesn't start in Africa anymore, it's starts in the USA as a slave, we are starting from there. It's a complete retcon of Africanness. Just like Native Americans are not associated with Asianness. We don't want to be associated with Africanness because politically and economically it is not beneficial for us but it's beneficial for foreign Blacks who come to the USA.

For all intents and purposes, disagreeing with the ADOS hashtag is disagreeing with the reparations movement for ADOS people. There can't be two competing ideologies, there can only be one. Just like WEB Dubois defeated Marcus Garvey and Booker T. Washington and Malcolm X had to come around to the Civil Rights Movement instead of believing in some dead Black Nationalist paradise of having a country within the USA - if you are wrong, you are wrong. If your tactics have yielded no fruit, then you gotta go away.

Notions and sentiments of Diasporan Pan-Africanism is gonna be ushered out either way. It's a failed ideology, it doesn't work in a hyper capitalistic global society where people are transient. Pan-Europeanism is dying too. Europeans don't want other European immigrants in their country. Asians don't want other Asian immigrants in their country. ADOS movement isn't against immigration but it definitely wants it changed and ADOS to have preference over everybody.

The belt is tightening around the world as capital continues to extract value from nations for capitalists. Everybody is asking for their share, and the first people to get cut out, are those that don't have any blood bond to the nation that they are in. It's the erosion of civic nationalism is what you are seeing. And Diasporan Pan-Africanism in a roundabout way, supports civic nationalism.

A Jamaican in the USA is no more or less than an ADOS, in the eyes of the USA, they are essentially the same. In the eyes of other Black people, they are essentially the same.

The aggression is only gonna get worst and the aggression is necessary. Consider it an awakening of ethnic consciousness, a sort of nationalistic revolution.

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Because Diasporan Pan-Africanists and those with Diasporan Pan-Africanist sentiments who jumped the gun to defend immigrants have said that ADOS was being divisive for advocating for reparations just for them and making a clear distinction between ADOS and the rest of the diaspora and ADOS movement members were called Trump supporters and a Russian operation.

Also prominent Pan-Africanists like Jared Ball had to jump in with his Pan-Africanists friends and trying to organize a resistance or a co-option of the ADOS Reparations movement. Diasporan Pan-Africanism is being used in prominent media as a counter to the ADOS movement.
So now Pan-Africanism as a whole will be discredited because it's being used as some sort of security blanket.

Ultimately, ADOS movement is attacking and trying to eliminate any notion of Diasporan Pan-Africanism in the USA. It's an ideological threat to the reparations movement because we are trying to be looked at as a sort of indigenous American and not an African or simply another Black person in America. What happened to ADOS people is like what if Native Americans were called Asian Americans because they have Asian DNA. ADOS movement is trying to eliminate race based politics in favor of lineage based politics. We aren't identifying as a race anymore, we are identifying as a lineage. Our origin doesn't start in Africa anymore, it's starts in the USA as a slave, we are starting from there. It's a complete retcon of Africanness. Just like Native Americans are not associated with Asianness. We don't want to be associated with Africanness because politically and economically it is not beneficial for us but it's beneficial for foreign Blacks who come to the USA.

For all intents and purposes, disagreeing with the ADOS hashtag is disagreeing with the reparations movement for ADOS people. There can't be two competing ideologies, there can only be one. Just like WEB Dubois defeated Marcus Garvey and Booker T. Washington and Malcolm X had to come around to the Civil Rights Movement instead of believing in some dead Black Nationalist paradise of having a country within the USA - if you are wrong, you are wrong. If your tactics have yielded no fruit, then you gotta go away.

Notions and sentiments of Diasporan Pan-Africanism is gonna be ushered out either way. It's a failed ideology, it doesn't work in a hyper capitalistic global society where people are transient. Pan-Europeanism is dying too. Europeans don't want other European immigrants in their country. Asians don't want other Asian immigrants in their country. ADOS movement isn't against immigration but it definitely wants it changed and ADOS to have preference over everybody.

The belt is tightening around the world as capital continues to extract value from nations for capitalists. Everybody is asking for their share, and the first people to get cut out, are those that don't have any blood bond to the nation that they are in. It's the erosion of civic nationalism is what you are seeing. And Diasporan Pan-Africanism in a roundabout way, supports civic nationalism.

A Jamaican in the USA is no more or less than an ADOS, in the eyes of the USA, they are essentially the same. In the eyes of other Black people, they are essentially the same.

The aggression is only gonna get worst and the aggression is necessary. Consider it an awakening of ethnic consciousness, a sort of nationalistic revolution.
Good Lord... There's a ton of problematic statements here that are tempting to go after, but I'll stay on topic.

When did the bolded begin? And when did the underlined begin?

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Either c00ns or fake ados. I caught a African girl on Twitter pretending to be ados. I told her that her poor usage of english, lack lf understanding when I made certain social references and her facial features were a dead give away.

She finally admitted I caught her. Lotta agents are coming out the woodworks. Plus the democraps are pulling any ole nikka bagging groceries and slap a dashiki on him, calling them experts.