Adrien Broner vs John Molina is the new rumored fight for May 3rd.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Mayweather vs. Maidana: Co-Main could be Adrien Broner against John Molina

By Kory Kitchen@KoryKitchen32 on Mar 4 2014, 2:26p 83

Al Bello
[URL='http://www.thecoli.com/#']×

Get the latest Global Boxing News and Commentary news with Bad Left Hook
Follow Bad Left Hook on Twitter
Like Bad Left Hook Facebook
Adrien Broner may be dropping down to 140 for his next fight which could also be the co-main for Floyd Mayweather's PPV.

TweetShare on Twitter(9)ShareShare on Facebook(68)Share Share with BOXING friends 83 Comments

It's looking like the potentially fun Amir Khan - Adrien Broner clash will have to be put on hold. Fight Hype is reporting the main fight under consideration for being the chief supporting bout for the Floyd Mayweather/Marcos Maidana PPV is going to be Broner moving down in weight to face John Molina.

Molina is 27-3 with 21 KO's. He's a middle-of-the-road type boxer who you may remember for rallying to stop Mickey Bey in the tenth round last July. It was a tremendous comeback win in the final seconds of a fight that he was losing, and It's likely what has earned him this opportunity. The other fight you may remember him for is his 1st round knockout loss to Antonio DeMarco in September 2012. He got caught with a straight left hand as soon as the fight began and it was waved off after a mere 44 seconds. DeMarco was then destroyed by Broner only two months later.

DeMarco is the pair's only common opponent which doesn't mean everything, styles do make fights and such, but probably gives us a good indication of who the big favorite is here. This is a get-well fight for Broner who was hammered by Maidana and didn't look impressive in decisioning Paulie Malignaggi before that, either. Those two fights were at welterweight, this will take place at junior welter if it is agreed to.

The Fight Hype article also states that Molina signed with Al Haymon last month. Broner is also with Haymon, as is seemingly everyone in boxing these days. Even Khan is negotiating with Haymon at the moment. In other words, this will be an easy fight to make.

It's nice having Broner on the card but it isn't much of a chief support to the main event. I mean, it's still better than some of the junk we've seen over the years (time to take shots at Bob Arum!) but it isn't that good either, especially since Golden Boy had raised the bar with Danny Garcia - Lucas Matthysse on the Mayweather/Canelo Alvarez card in September. A fight between Broner and Khan would have created considerable buzz but it looks like Broner wants to go to 140 while Khan may be moving up to 147. Where's a catchweight when you need it?

A report on the other potential undercard fights for the Mayweather PPV show, featuring Abner Mares, can be found here.[/URL]

#BandCamp

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Welterweight moving down to 140 to fight a lightweight moving up to 140...a lightweight that was stopped by DeMarco in one round :beli:

I thought Collazo was a bad matchup im all for it now:sadbron:

We gotta get back in the win column:manny:

#BandCamp

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This is a good get healthy fight if true...but I have little interest in watching it.
I remember DeMarco's KO of him. That was bizarre...

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
At least fight an actual 140 pounder...

What does AB gain from fighting a smaller dude...we've seen that shyt plenty already...obviously it dnt prepare him for real fights

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
At least fight an actual 140 pounder...

What does AB gain from fighting a smaller dude...we've seen that shyt plenty already...obviously it dnt prepare him for real fights

He gets a win.

He seems to be a very confident fighter and in order for him to get back into his "About Billions" persona, he needs to get a win.

I think it's a good matchup for confidence building purposes.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He gets a win.

He seems to be a very confident fighter and in order for him to get back into his "About Billions" persona, he needs to get a win.

I think it's a good matchup for confidence building purposes.

I don't gotta problem with a tune up after a L

But to go from rematch with Maidana to possibly Collazo then Khan then Matthysse

N end up against a lightweight Molina is disappointing underwhelming

Talking that tough shyt when you NEED a confident booster against a lightweight:camby:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I don't gotta problem with a tune up after a L

But to go from rematch with Maidana to possibly Collazo then Khan then Matthysse

N end up against a lightweight Molina is disappointing underwhelming

Talking that tough shyt when you NEED a confident booster against a lightweight:camby:

Once you reach the top level, you should be done with tune ups unless you are coming off an injury.

You DAMN sure should not have a "tune up" on a PPV. Thats bad business.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I still think maidana took that pill.
A.B. for life

We never got any post fight drug results and the "investigation" just disappeared and was never spoken of again:dead:

Something fishy happened. I've never heard of a fight with controversy related to if someone cheated or not, never have the drug test results revealed or either confirmed or denied:snoop:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Welterweight moving down to 140 to fight a lightweight moving up to 140...a lightweight that was stopped by DeMarco in one round :beli:

I thought Collazo was a bad matchup im all for it now:sadbron:
It's, okaaaaay......
b3UvoVU.png