Adults loved to hate Barney, but why? A new doc tries and fails to explain

br82186

Superstar
Daps
It's like the Teletubbies nd Sesame Street, to mostly conservatives and the right anything of bright colors they always start a war with.

They are what their predecessors were in the late 80's and 90's when they started culture wars with the art and entertainment industry

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It's like the Teletubbies nd Sesame Street, to mostly conservatives and the right anything of bright colors they always start a war with.

They are what their predecessors were in the late 80's and 90's when they started culture wars with the art and entertainment industry
Nah. The problem was Barney's world was too "perfect". Same thing with Teletubbies to an extent, but TT was for 1-2 year olds, so it was forgivable.

Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers treated kids like real people with deep feelings. Those shows could get pretty dark, and talked about real issues like war, prejudice, death, and incarceration. Barney was too happy for its own good.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nah. The problem was Barney's world was too "perfect". Same thing with Teletubbies to an extent, but TT was for 1-2 year olds, so it was forgivable.

Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers treated kids like real people with deep feelings. Those shows could get pretty dark, and talked about real issues like war, prejudice, death, and incarceration. Barney was too happy for its own good.

Facts, Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street spoke to me more. I skipped Barney and got into Shining Time Station/Thomas the Tank Engine. Side note, having Ringo Starr and then later George Carlin as the magical conductor was the height of randomness. :russ:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
the older kids used to sing
“i hate you, you hate me, lets all go and kill barney”
:picard:
Damn, you brought me back:

"I hate you, you hate me, I shot Barney in the knee, with a BB gun, and kicked him out the door...No more purple dinosaur!" :banderas:

Anti Barney sentiment was HUGE in the mid to late 90s.
sharebb.png

I remember playing this game. Bharney Blast! Lol.
And the other one Barney Carnage for mac

Superstar
Daps

I was just trying to figure out why I hate ska music. I think it may just be two happy. I already get salty when it starts. When those bullshyt horns kick in I’m ready to hate.