Advice on changing antivirus on Windows laptop.........

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Anyone looking to help a bruh out with picking a solid but free anti-virus??? Been rocking the pre-installed version of McAfee for last 2-3 years with a way too expensive renewal rate for what imo is a deteriorating product:snoop:. Now that my 'script ends at the end of June I'm looking into one of the free (and from what I've heard.....BETTER, AV products out there).
Only loose requirements I have are free & little system impact which has led me to the latest/free versions of "AVG" & "AVAST". Any insight as to which you Coli cert reps could recommend would be much apppreciated, daps/reps included of course :salute:.

BELOW IS MY USAGE/REASONING......

Pretty much only have this 2015 HP laptop for iTunes (yes, I get the irony of the majority of usage on my Windows laptop is managing my media (99% songs) on iTunes. Been locked into the Apple ecosystem since the OG iPod touch, then the "Classic" (which is the best MP3/PMP ever made imHo, almost cried when Apple discontinued a year or 2 ago)........everything else I use & have been using since the 4S & OG iPad is Apple/iOS. Currently on an iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6s & a few new AppleTVs so I'm def locked into their ecosystem (I STAY on that "S" phone cycle :lawd:).....money isn't tight, but I just can't EVER justify a MBP/MBA if I'm just buying it to primarily manage my iTunes library easier than my Windows machine. So I'm looking for an ANTIVIRUS, choice between AVG OR AVAST in order to save some $$ obviously, but mostly system resources that McAfee eats up constantly & even doubles the system/CPU tax when iTunes is open/running but also safe/reliable.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
He said McAfee

giphy.gif

Avast bought AVG, but I use Avast