AEW is gonna have Cage end up like Archer and Lee

Discussion in 'TSC' started by El Villano Ingobernable, Jul 10, 2020.

1. El Villano Ingobernable

El Villano Ingobernable Legacies Live Forever

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    I Rep That West
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Let’s keep it real, AEW messed up with Archer and Lee. There was no need to rush them in the title picture. If anything, one of those dudes shoulda won the TNT strap. Now they’re basically floating around. Lee especially was hit with the worst of it. Now he’s in some program with Cabana. :dwillhuh:

I’m sure they’ll recover, but they feel tainted right now.

2. Pinyapplesuckas

Pinyapplesuckas He's A Good Man

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Willacoochee, Ga
    Coli Cash:
    $342400.00

Yeah they kinda killed their monsters off quick. Brodie is DOA and his best moments have been during Being The Elite skits. Archer had a spark when AEW started and then they just cooled him off after Cody beat him when he shoulda been running through the whole roster bodying everybody.

i kinda wish Cage was in the midcard. I dont want him to beat Moxley.

Finn Baller, Cheercomp, TL15 and 3 others dapped this.
  3. El Villano Ingobernable

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    I Rep That West
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

No one believes this will happen. :mjlol:

Cheercomp, YAYU and luckyse7enz dapped this.
  4. Pinyapplesuckas

Pinyapplesuckas He's A Good Man

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Willacoochee, Ga
    Coli Cash:
    $342400.00

i hope you're right. i didnt agree with him being a surprise in the first place. i dont feel like a crowd would have truly popped for Brian Cage as a big surprise signing.

YAYU dapped this.
  5. NoHateShallEnter

NoHateShallEnter In My Place

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Lost Kids
    Coli Cash:
    $225015.00

They don’t know what the fukk they’re doing either.

6. DoubleJ13

DoubleJ13 Smooth sailing from here on out...

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Thunder/TSC
    Coli Cash:
    $310000.00

Hope he loses clean as a sheet & then still packs around the FTW belt just to drive home how dumb bringing that shyt out is.

Kidd Dibiase dapped this.
  7. El Villano Ingobernable

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    I Rep That West
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

It would be better to have him do so much to keep Mox down, but he can't get it done. He finally says "fukk it" and just smack him with the FTW belt, causing a DQ. It puts more emphasis on the FTW belt, on some "fukk the World title, I have this one."

But that won't happen. :francis:

8. TheGodling

TheGodling Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Rotterdam
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

This is why monsters should either win the title soon after their debut or they should be introduced with a goal/mission that is non-title related.

Consider the debut of Kane. He was introduced with the focus on feuding with the Undertaker which kept him busy and looking strong while building to him chasing the title. Then when they put him in the title picture they gave it to him so the character is made.

If Archer and Jake were going after Cody, they needed to keep the TNT title away from him and just have Archer torment Cody and his friends for months. Then when the time is right move him in the title picture and have him win.

Same for Brodie Lee. Give the Dark Order a clear objective and have the lackeys do all the work while you keep Brodie at the back and only put him on screen with a mic or to finish folks off. Keep him strong until it's the right time to move him into the title picture and have him win.

It's booking 101. If someone needs to look strong but not be in the title picture, put them in a dedicated personal feud.

9. Cycloneon

Cycloneon Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Canada
    Coli Cash:
    $383443.00

What? Brodie Lee moved to what people believed to be a better company, immediately got a title shot. Lost it. Now floating around with nothing to do?

:troll:

10. RobertoDuran

RobertoDuran Rookie

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Leeds, UK
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Kane's first title reign was horrible. He won by a screw job finish for a match that everyone knew he'd win because he's almost completely covered from head to toe and makes it hard for him to bleed. Then he lost the title the next night at RAW. Then he goes back to feuding with the Undertaker. Honestly the peak of Kane's first year was squashing Vader.

YAYU and El Villano Ingobernable dapped this.
  11. TheGreatShowtime

TheGreatShowtime Veteran Hall of Fame Poster of the Year Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Swamp
    Coli Cash:
    $324500.00

I'm a big Uncle Luke fan, but it's been frustrating watching him in AEW. He's wrestling like he's a 6 ft lucha instead of a monster. Dude is selling way too much for these vanilla midgets. There's no reason a guy half his size with a losing record should get any offense on him. It's ridiculous. At least the WWE made him tone that down.

Regarding Lance Archer, he just sucks. I don't get what y'all see with that tramp stamp jabroni

Heelish, Yung Pharaoh, Jmare007 and 16 others dapped this.
  12. ThaBronxBully

ThaBronxBully Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’ Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $340506.43

He Has To Get That Belt And Beat Mox Or Hes Dead In The Water And Fighting Sunny Kiss In A Month

Ricky Dunigan and John Reena dapped this.
  13. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra A true friend stabs you in the front Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Behind You
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Archer should've been matched up with Dustin Rhodes in the TNT tourney and gotten DQ'd because he beat Dustin half to death. That would've helped continue his feud with Cody while still allowing Cody to give himself the TNT title without pinning Archer clean in their first encounter.

And Brodie should've been in a full Dark Order vs SCU feud with the end goal being to get Chris Daniels to become the Dark Order's "Fallen Angel". All of the Cult Cabana stuff could've been included in that angle too. Brodie's world title feud could then come later.

The only way to avoid fukking up for the 3rd time is for Cage to win the world title from Moxley. This is a lot easier to take with Taz as his advisor and a smooth month or two of Taz talking mad shyt while his world champion charge whoops ass before losing the belt back to Moxley would then allow Cage to move forward with the FTW title and not be seen as a bust.

14. THE 101

THE 101 House Painter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $346615.00

Funny how Omega, Mox and Archer look way less impressive when outside of a King of Sports ring :sas1:

15. Cadillac Murphy

Cadillac Murphy Cult of Personality

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Traditionally, a monster hoss is supposed to be built up for your top babyface to overcome somewhere along the line. The problem with AEW’s practice with it is that they immediately slot their monsters into programs with their top guys and defeat them almost right out of the gate. Brodie didn’t have to lose to, much less challenge Mox right out of the gate. Have Lee focus more on recruiting and building up the Dark Order before finally challenging Moxley down the line. Archer and Cody should’ve been kept separate for a while and built up before finally going at it. Let Archer run roughshod over the roster first, threatening to kill everybody until Cody finally gives him what he wants.

But they rush programs with seemingly no follow up or future plans for anyone involved minus maybe the core Elite and Jericho and Moxley and it’s a problem.

bluexjay101, Cheercomp, sinsters and 2 others dapped this.