AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Matthew Belloni: "Exclusive Rights Negotiating AEW/WBD ends in July. Expects other suitors..."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I mean I feel you

It’s really semantics and not even important honestly. it’s just a random nitpick I have lol.. It comes off as if he’s already in the defensive position before he hits send. Stuff like that is what makes people question if he has allegiances…

If RAW is the 2nd most watched thing on cable on a random Monday behind the NFL, say that lol

“Monday night RAW ranked number 2 for night behind the Packers/Vikings game”

Is perfectly fine. Sounds more sincere than

“RAW was the most watched thing on tv its timeslot! outside of the NFL”

it was either was the most watched thing or it wasn’t lol..

Nobody is gonna say Klay Thompson was the games leading scorer! Outside of Steph Curry and Andrew Wiggins who scored more! Just say the nikka was the number 3 scorer and stop bending over backwards to make it sound grandiose

:heh:

Meltzer is autistic.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Yeah if the Celtics make the Finals then AEW is going to have to take a backseat on Wednesdays and Saturdays if the Finals are on at the same time. I know ratings for Knicks playoff games were thru the damn roof this year. WNBA has been too. Seems like NHL playoff games have been higher than I remember in the past. I don't remember Raw losing to the NHL Playoffs last year, but I could be remembering wrong.
You're a celtics fan from Kentucky?

other sports ventures
Wrestling ain't a sport.

We had 20+ years of watching vince get his ass whooped. Why does this matter?

They bonded over getting beat up by Punk.

:mjgrin:

Bunch of losers.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Fightful interviewed Darby and :mjlol: at this excerpt

Sean asked Darby if there had ever been any bumps, spots, or stunts that were easier than anticipated for him. Darby said it was in Sting’s last match. He said it was going through the glass in Sting’s last match. Darby said he had a hole in his side afterward and, ‘I need to do something that is reasonable as to why Darby Allin can’t be in this match right now’ because everybody has seen me do so much.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I don't think this means anything for AEW good or bad Lol. Not tryna hate but AEW is such a small piece of the WBD pie, it's like a drop in a bucket compared to the other sports programming.

I can't find what WBD was paying the NBA during this contract, but I know the previous one that expired in 2016 they were paying the NBA $445 million a year. Even if WBD pays AEW $250 million a year for example (which would be a massive increase compared to what AEW is currently getting), that's still way less than what would go to the NBA. WBD is in a bind until 2028 when the MLB television rights are up; they lost out on NBA, already have NHL, already have March Madness through 2032, and the NFL deals don't expire until 2033.

AEW is a winner in this because they could realistically get a pretty strong deal from WBD over the next 3 years. It's not a matter of if there's a rights increase for AEW, it's how much more they will be receiving.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I can't find what WBD was paying the NBA during this contract, but I know the previous one that expired in 2016 they were paying the NBA $445 million a year. Even if WBD pays AEW $250 million a year for example (which would be a massive increase compared to what AEW is currently getting), that's still way less than what would go to the NBA. WBD is in a bind until 2028 when the MLB television rights are up; they lost out on NBA, already have NHL, already have March Madness through 2032, and the NFL deals don't expire until 2033.

AEW is a winner in this because they could realistically get a pretty strong deal from WBD over the next 3 years. It's not a matter of if there's a rights increase for AEW, it's how much more they will be receiving.

They should try to get the Braves back regularly on TBS since Bally Sports is in the shytter. A whole ass generation of kids from around the country grew up to be Braves fans because of that.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

The current contract is $1.2 billion.

Also, even if WBD tells AEW they aren't going to give them a single penny more for TV, they are going to have to shell out money for next-day streaming rights on Max, to put the PPVs on Max for free, and to simulcast AEW on Max (which is probably likely to happen).

As of right now, the only place AEW shows stream on demand in the US is on the TNT/TBS apps, and that's likely close to worthless for both companies because it still requires logging in with a cable provider as far as I'm aware.

And each PPVs bring in millions of dollars in revenue with like half of it going to the distributors if what I read is correct on that revenue split. Cut out the middle man and all that revenue goes directly to WBD and AEW.

I don't really know what value the simulcasting brings, but it's surely got to be worth something.

So that's pretty much a lock for a substantial increase.

Last edited: