Regardless of how well Swerve's promo goes, on Collison, AEW shows how much storytelling matters?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You’re one to talk when you’re out here posting random neck beard tweets, dissecting quarter ratings, posting attendance figures, and watching a product you dislike so much. :dead:

how crazy someone discusses something on a discussion board, even using facts and metrics in those very discussions :whoo:

At least that's how its supposed to work instead of going over daps with a magnifying glass and thinking about who you got "e-beef" with :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
how crazy someone discusses something on a discussion board, even using facts and metrics in those very discussions :whoo:

At least that's how its supposed to work instead of going over daps with a magnifying glass and thinking about who you got "e-beef" with :pachaha:

“they did 700k this week. Last year they did 800k. The lowest quarter rating was the women’s match. Compared to last weeks lowest quarter, they dropped 20k viewers.”

nerd-luke-gallows.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Only thing that occurred bad in anything related to swerve. Was swerve being booked against the roh champion with no explanation of what the roh title really is.

As swerve should be interested in the roh title. To be a dual champion
Not burying the roh champion.

Also the no brainer. That should have been made was. Okada's belt is rhe number one contender title. Like the old nwa us title belt was.
So you have Okada as a threat.

Plus the youngbucks positioning of power via this situation as well.

Yet this lack if historical knowledge about wrasslin. Plus his lack if knowledge on the narratives of his rosters on thr indies is super poor.
Where it shows khan has no idea about the legacy of roh. Plus no wherewithal about his roster and the content of their careers.
The roh champion should never be jobbed on national TV.
to the aew champion. Without proper build. As roh is on the same playing field workrate perception and legacy as njpw. Plus you have a roh tv co tract khan should be trying to acquire. As roh on a major network. Creates a landing spot.
for the roster to all be elevated.
via an aew corporate eco sytem.
Khan's only issue is. Khan has no idea whom his roster is. That Khan does not have to worry about. making wwe equivalent or competitve media.
As I am of the belief. That aew can separate themselves. Via workrste and sound content. To build its worker using their Indy narratives.

Khan just needs to go Google his roster. Then note their pedigree and storylines from the indies and move from there. Plus the talent needs to step to Khan to be like. I am this and my legacy and origins should be relayed on tv in a positive manner. Even when jobbing. .Khan does not understand the roh or njpw fighting spirit model. As Khan needs to move away from being a former casual wwe mark. Then ramp on what khan missed.
in the dawn of the indy heroes who saved wrasslin.

Like Claudio interrupted swerve and swershould ld have picked at. Claudio got some muscles and think everyone is scared. When Claudio is still same skinny Claudio on muscle juice. Khan needs to ramp on the origin and Content of his talent and roh.

Khan would be better if he applied himself to the content of his workers. Plus ditched his wwe bias as a mark. Aew does not need any connection to wwe content.
Young bucks should have swerved him for full ownership and put him out. Not injured him.
Only way this is made good is. They show vignettes of bucks admin takeover and hazing Khan to get to the swerve Via angle. Right now, Khan sits in the same level of.
we do not want to see wwe style content. That ruined and plagued the wwe corporate angle. As the corporate angle never appeared vulnerable to losing control of the company. Even when they had mvp who swerved their competitor. Aew will not succeed. Till Khan shows that in an admin capacity aew is vulnerable to take over by the bucks. Plus within that anarchy. How the other workers who are familiar with one another. Plus have existing narratives woth one another centered around contempt jealousy etc. Right now...Khan looks as though.
khan never experienced existential play. Where it plays out on screen. As Khan wielding real life adults as action figures. When this product already has narratives and storyline already that exist between these performers.
khan just needs to learn them.
Plus aew needs to ignore wwe past performers. Or have aew people chide wwe performers for getting buried. Then needing aew to re-right their ship. Where aew operates in a higher quality workrate. Where if said former wwe performer does not ramp. They will be disappointed. They never got to experience succes in the wwe. nor aew if they do not ramp.
plus wwe burial made them soft. No former wwe talent should be coming in as a world beater. That wwe performer should be marketed.
as needing to ramp.
to survive from gettig soft in the wwe. Plus needing to amplify their fighting spirit.

Art Barr

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
We quoting JD now? Dude is one of the biggest flip floppers in wrestling media.
You already know cac piff is the type to post jd tweets if it means shytting on AEW. Sad shyt, what a fukking loser ass, pencil neck geek, poster. Hates AEW so much that he keeps tabs on all the wrestling matches, story lines, ratings, tickets attendance, etc :heh:

While AEW obviously has massive flaws. It's never good engaging with that loser poster.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You already know cac piff is the type to post jd tweets if it means shytting on AEW. Sad shyt, what a fukking loser ass, pencil neck geek, poster. Hates AEW so much that he keeps tabs on all the wrestling matches, story lines, ratings, tickets attendance, etc :heh:

While AEW obviously has massive flaws. It's never good engaging with that loser poster.
Eat some breakfast first
punkumad.png

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@Art Barr

Kyle Fletcher is the ROH tv champion. The ROH champion is Mark Briscoe. So wasn't really a case of burying the roh championship.

I know I aint just seen Carmelo Hayes compared to cornball ass Kyle Fletcher.

Y'all know, Cody had a 30 minute segment with The Rock the day after he won the title, right?

They didn't just send him out there to wrestle a bum.
:yeshrug:

I don't know if I would classify Fletcher as a bum. The match was decent and he had a good match as well with Ospreay not long ago. He's got one of the ROH belts and is in one of the current relevant factions in AEW. So he's able to be used in roles like that. Especially with Hobbs being seen as more of the muscle and Takeshyta as the potential main event star. That match didn't scream out main event of ppv potential type but as a average weekly show match to keep them busy. I mean it's only been one week so who knows what else they got planned. Now comparing to the other side, don't see what the difference may be with a promo vs a match. Especially considering what is happening this coming weekend. First off with Priest who I think cut some promo Raw after mania but not sure if he was even on this past Monday. Facing Jey Uso who seems more like a glorified hypeman and I feel that without the bloodline thing isn't gonna be as successful since he'll always be tied to them and his brother. Plus not like he's expected to win anyways. And then also Cody. Don't think he'll have a story as successful as the one with the bloodline, especially since now that he "finished the story". Plus he's facing AJ Styles who while great and has had a great career, isn't really seen as a potential champion. AJ is great for spots like this as being a decent challenger for the title, whether as a face or heel. He lost to Seth in the finals to the heavyweight championship and is now Cody first opponent for the universal championship. Seems like he has been in that role before, as someone they can throw in to a championship match when a body is needed. But neither match screams out excitement. I've heard plenty of complaints online about the card in general of course the Cody and AJ match being likely the best one on the card. But even with the segment with The Rock, it hasn't done much for Cody. Especially since they had those triple threat matches instead of having AJ confront him. But then he did lose at mania so maybe that wouldn't have been a good idea. Rock is gone so there's nobody to help in that role. Wrestling a match or cutting a promo won't matter if the next few weeks aren't interesting.